GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As the O2 sensor seems to lean bike out at contant throttle openings to control emission,--- any feedback from those who have eliminated it would be appreciated.

This may be result of an aftemarket exhaust header/ system being installed.
Keen to hearthe effect on contant thottle surging, especally if the rest of bike is standard and no Power Commander etc fitted

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've ordered one, will fit by end of this month and let you know. Or you can let me know if you have a chance to do it before me. I planned to test it with various TC mode to see what is the best config. BTW, I have throttle tamer installed.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hi

As the O2 sensor seems to lean bike out at contant throttle openings to control emission,--- any feedback from those who have eliminated it would be appreciated.

This may be result of an aftemarket exhaust header/ system being installed.
Keen to hearthe effect on contant thottle surging, especally if the rest of bike is standard and no Power Commander etc fitted
Hey Redbeard, not sure if you have read any of my later posts where i have removed the 02 eliminator and i have gone back to the 02 sensor and turned off the PCV for now and have gone back to a stock bike, the eliminator did cure the low speed rough running but it also made the bike a lot more responsive just like taking the throttle tamer out, it wasn't unbearable by any means but just easier to ride stock as the rough running is very minimal on my bike anyway.
Feel free to give me a call if you want to discuss it if you still have my number.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I installed an o2 eliminator yesterday. The weather is **** here so I only managed a quick ride through the neighborhood to test low rpm cruising. I wasn't able to get on the throttle to see if anything in the upper RPM was impacted. I'm guessing not.

Before:
Anything under 30mph was really rough. When I rolled through town at low speeds I would stay in 1st or 2nd gear to keep the RPMs up. I didn't get the surging but the RPM would hunt. It didn't hurt anything but it didn't feel right. In first gear, i felt like I needed to use the clutch for anything under 20mph.

After:
I let the bike warm up and then rolled along at 9mph and things were much smoother although not 100%. I could cruise at 20-30mph in any gear (1-5) without the stumbling.

I want to put some more miles on before I completely make up my mind but I think that this was well worth the $16. I am undecided if I want to add a power commander or not. This might be good enough unless I decide to get an exhaust and a K&N.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went out for an hour and a half ride today. I did get a little bit of RPM jitter at certain points but overall it is still much better. I was using 5th and 6th gear quite a bit more than before. The test was to roll through my subdivision after riding. 3rd gear at 25mph was super smooth. Definitely worth the $16.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts