GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Too expencive if it is a "China-clone" (very likely as it states that SDS cannot be updated).
Because the most important thing is the software, not the hardware, as it has to be updated at regular intervals (new models).
This SDS "clone" do not support GSXS according to the specifications for this eBay item.

I would recommend Healtech OBD-tool.

I have had mine for many years, and the software is regulary updated.

It will also support other brands than Suzuki.

Again:
It is *the software* that matters!

·
Registered
328 Posts
big thumb up for bking1441!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just to add, this is the warning from the Healtech site. - HealTech Electronics Ltd. - OBD Tool
Beware!

Diagnostic tools for Honda (motorcycles and marine engines), Kawasaki (motorcycles, ATVs and Jet-Skis) and Suzuki (motorcycles and ATVs) are offered by some Chinese companies too. While the module looks different, the PCB inside is a clone of our OBD hardware and it will NOT work without our software. They supply an old version of our software on CD. This has very limited functionality. As soon as you update the software, the module will be disabled permanently and you will not get a refund from the seller. Also, these clones do not have the quality, do not come with the same connectors, do not come with a hard case, do not come with a 2-year warranty and free updates. Be sure to purchase the OBD Tool from a HealTech distributor or dealer. Do NOT purchase on AliExpress. Do NOT purchase on eBay from a Chinese seller.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think with everything said above and the fact that somewhere I've seen a group discount, the actual extra of around £30-£40 for the healtech type is worth the extra paying. I wasn't sure about this but you've actually helped me on my way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
0:)0:)0:)

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Too expencive if it is a "China-clone" (very likely as it states that SDS cannot be updated).
Because the most important thing is the software, not the hardware, as it has to be updated at regular intervals (new models).
This SDS "clone" do not support GSXS according to the specifications for this eBay item.

I would recommend Healtech OBD-tool.

I have had mine for many years, and the software is regulary updated.

It will also support other brands than Suzuki.

Again:
It is *the software* that matters!
What kind of interesting or useful things have you been able to use this tool for over the years?

·
Registered
305 Posts
What kind of interesting or useful things have you been able to use this tool for over the years?
It depends of the model of course.
The most useful was to solve an error with my B-King (DTC) which turned out to be caused by aftermarket clutch-lever not engaging the clutch switch properly.

I just like to have gadgets like this and use them for reading out engine data/checking sensors and such.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have one for cars, find them useful to read the codes, and if it has to go to a garage, the repair diagnosed by the garage should be the same as the one you know about

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have one for cars, find them useful to read the codes, and if it has to go to a garage, the repair diagnosed by the garage should be the same as the one you know about

Same here dude, i've got an Autel unit for the car and its paid for itself times over, found faults, i've repaired and save hundreds of ££. Also used to reset service interval indicator after i've done the service. I think in the modern world if your handy with mechanics on both bikes and cars and are competent to do your own work / repairs or just fettling with settings then an OBD is now an essential bit of kit, but obviously try and get the best you can afford, some of the cheap units are a waste of money.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think I'm gonna buy an OBD tool for my bike.
I want to know your reccomendations related to this gadget.

Right now Healtech seems to be the best option on the market.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts