GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, i need a R/h mirror arm for my 19’ F.
At some point it seems i have overtightened the thread on the arm and today whilst on the motorway it started to try and jump ship...
Managed to catch it before it fell off totally, but enquires with suzuki dealer about replacement has shocked me..

Although the mirror is made up of several parts, suzuki only sell them as a complete unit.. at £135 plus tax.
All i need is the arm with the thread part on..

Anyone got any ideas where to source a decent one from or has one in a garage collecting dust. Dont want to deviate from original mirrors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there
Could you not retap and dye the thread of the mirror stalk. You can always helicoil the hole part on the handle piece. Then once done locktite it to stop it moving again. Would be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there
Could you not retap and dye the thread of the mirror stalk. You can always helicoil the hole part on the handle piece. Then once done locktite it to stop it moving again. Would be a lot cheaper.
Was looking to avoid doing that, but lucky have just sourced a replacement arm and mirror so will just transplant my mirror back across.. saves over a £100.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,609 Posts
deleted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts