GSXS 1000 Forum banner

OEM Front Brake Lever

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  frog4aday 
#1 ·
I've noticed after putting back the OEM front brake lever the front brakes are a whole lot better than having the cheapo Chinese levers on..:eek:

#2 ·
That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference. Funny how things go at times.
Seems to me someone was having issues with how the bike was running and, of all things, it turned out to be something with the Chinese brake/clutch levers they had fitted. Bikes are so electronic and 'interconnected' anymore. Changing even simple things can have a big impact.

#9 ·
I have a set of Chinese MZ2 levers on my bike; they work perfectly fine. I purchased a set of Pazo levers for my other bike. They are virtually identical to the MZ2s. I'm sure the anodizing will eventually wear off on the MZ2s, but I paid a whopping ~$25 for the set and they take 5 minutes to replace. I'm perfectly happy with my purchase and still prefer them over the long/stock levers. YMMV

IMHO, having only paid ~$8000 for the bike, I find it difficult to justify the cost of "premium" components. I've had my fair share of ~$7K motorcycles with >$10K in accessories to know that you'll never recoup your investment when you sell the bike. If it were a $50K H2R, I might be inclined to spend more...

#10 ·
I can tolerate a 'shorty' brake lever (don't care for it, but I can tolerate it.) But a 'shorty clutch lever' just doesn't work for me. I lose too much leverage and I wonder, "What is the point of this?"

Having said that, I don't mind that others like them and choose to go that route. This isn't a criticism! We try things and figure out what we find works for us. I had some Pazzo levers on a CBR954 (bought it that way) and they looked the part (nice!) but being 'shorty' levers, I ditched 'em after a while. They just weren't doing it for me. They longer levers give me the leverage I like.

What I do appreciate is the levers (factory and aftermarket) that have the wheel on them labeled 1 thru 5 where you can adjust the 'reach' to the lever from the bar. That's genius. I like that feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.