GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Suzuki heated grips installed as part of the sale. Today, I had them removed with the first service and replaced with Oxford's sports bike version. The right grip doesn't heat properly, the effect being that I never noticed the difference between on or off on the right grip.

Suzuki are fully refunding me for the grips and I'm the second customer at my dealer to report the problem. No complaints about the dealership or how Suzuki handled it to date. Saying that, save yourself some cash and buy the Oxford version.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the oem grip heaters fitted at new too. Complained at first service and it has gone through suzuki waranty procedure . Suzuki has stated that it the way the work !?
However , the dealer has been excellent and offered me a full refund and I can keep the grips .
I good result....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heated Grip Issue

I picked up my bike on Saturday. Did my first commute this morning and thought I would test the heated grips. I must say they aren't very good at all.

I also find the grips too fat and very uncomfortable.

i will give it this week but I am thinking of replacing them since reading this thread once the bike reaaches the 600 mark.

regards

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Following up on my little saga, the grips were replaced and work as you'd expect. However, they weren't glued on properly. This is where it goes down hill. I took them off to secure them properly only to find a channel cut the whole length of the left grip with a cut all the way through about an inch and a bit long. The other side, the plastic twist grip has been filed to fit the grip on for some reason. Both sides are ******.

I called my new friends in service to let them know how great the first service was etc., you could feel them rushing me off the phone, then I mentioned that I had a little problem. The boredom was palpable. Until I told them in detail what I had found...suddenly they're all ears.
Long story short, I'm getting new bars and probably new grips since I glued the buggers on properly so I could ride the bike in the meantime. The idiot with the angle grinder will hopefully have a sore arse by now. He tried to cover up the mistake and hope no one ever noticed. What a **** head.

Moral of the story? Don't trust people to do the right thing and check it yourself.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I took them off to secure them properly only to find a channel cut the whole length of the left grip with a cut all the way through about an inch and a bit long. The other side, the plastic twist grip has been filed to fit the grip on for some reason. Both sides are ******.
What the ??:eek:
I think I would get the bike sorted and avoid that place like the plague in the future. I couldn't ever let my bike go back into a workshop where something like that had happened.
Good luck with it Jaked and go over it with a fine toothcomb when it comes back out;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
lies and fibs

I had the Suzuki heated grips installed as part of the sale. Today, I had them removed with the first service and replaced with Oxford's sports bike version. The right grip doesn't heat properly, the effect being that I never noticed the difference between on or off on the right grip.

Suzuki are fully refunding me for the grips and I'm the second customer at my dealer to report the problem. No complaints about the dealership or how Suzuki handled it to date. Saying that, save yourself some cash and buy the Oxford version.
Had grips installed prior to pick up. Complained at 1st service that right hand grip did not heat up as much as the left.... Oh no they said we have checked it and it is getting the same power as the left. Maybe so but in cold weather the left one was toasty the RHS never felt more than slightly warm. Will have to speak to them again

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had grips installed prior to pick up. Complained at 1st service that right hand grip did not heat up as much as the left.... Oh no they said we have checked it and it is getting the same power as the left. Maybe so but in cold weather the left one was toasty the RHS never felt more than slightly warm. Will have to speak to them again
That's exactly what I found. The issue is that the heating elements don't completely encircle the grip. Luckily I was number two in the complaint line so they accepted there was an issue with their performance and installed Oxford grips and gave me the difference in store credit.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The OEM heated grips only heat one side of the grip (180 deg), so depending on how they are fitted, depends on where the heat is in relationship to your hand. Oxford grips are very good, I had the Oxford premium touring heated grips on my CB1000R. For my GSX-S I fitted Honda grips that have 360 deg heating. Not quite as warm as the Oxford grips, but toasty nonetheless.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My dealer replaced the oem suzuki grips for Oxford grips free of charge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went straight for Oxford grips (sport version).

Seemes to have been the right choice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been using the Oxford grips for years and apart from a faulty control box about 6 yrs ago they've been great.
Fitted the latest 9 heat setting sports version on my gsxs and love them.
I did bend the mounting bracket for the controller as I don't like where it usually leaves the box so now mine just sits and hides the left clutch assembly mounting bolts and can be worked easily just by moving my thumb

1 - 20 of 38 Posts