GSXS 1000 Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That must be an all time record for the D214. 12,000 k's, that's incredible going.
Tell us, it wasn't all a tribute to your front wheel abilities spending many hours up in the air doing wheelies, wasn't it ? :)

Rob.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where are you riding that you only get 1500 miles on the Q3+? Are you doing track days? Are you riding on chip-n-tar? I got 2900 miles out of my last set. And why did you switch to a sport-touring tire after shredding a track day tire? I am genuinely confused.

{edit} Maybe you live where the roads are straight and you are WOT everywhere. In which case you should look into Shinko tires as they are a bargain for gun runs.
That’s the price you pay for super sticky.
I’m still loving the Road 5. Plenty of good feel and loads of miles. I wouldn’t want to take them on track but they are a great compromise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know why they wore out so fast. I live in the mountains of Pa, not the best roads, stone driveway, some chip and tar. No track per say but I use the power, often go over 120mph, and tend to launch from a stop. I’m kind of an ahole on the streets but it’s soo dang fun.

thought maybe I got a 2ndstire as fast as I bunt it up, but not buying another to find out. Went with road smarts for better mileage, they claim you don’t loose too much grip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
And yeah, not too much straight line action in the hills. Usually lots of hairpins up and down then a 1/4 straight passing zone at the bottom where you can wring it out. I’d argue them the best roads in the country.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That must be an all time record for the D214. 12,000 k's, that's incredible going.
Tell us, it wasn't all a tribute to your front wheel abilities spending many hours up in the air doing wheelies, wasn't it ? :)

Rob.
Haha...
I do mostly ride to work, so keeping away from main roads help a bit. I knew at 10K's it was getting there, just had to make sure no cop tails me.
Oh, it had two plugs as well, since about 4K's. Held on well I must say...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Changes mine a few weeks ago at 4000 miles, bought the bike at 2300 and the previous owner had caned it, so looking to get more on this set as I dont ride hard all the time these days (Avon storm fitted now).

·
Registered
350 Posts
10,171 miles on my OEM front, just replaced it 3 weeks ago with a Diablo Rosso 2. The 214 lasted me over 2 years of commuting, very satisfying wear pattern, never let me down (I do engage in some trail braking).

The OEM rear got punctured at 2,300 miles (it was displaying some flattening by that point). The RoadSmart 3 190/55 I installed now has 8,000 miles and is still in great shape, I will certainly get thousands more out of it...wearing like iron.

·
Registered
26 Posts
IF you still with us GorgeDad, some feedback would be appreciated on how they have suited the GSX-S ?
Sorry, Slow ... i missed your question somehow. I like the Angel GTs quite a bit. I just hit the wear bars at about 4.7k and don't expect to get more than 5k, but thats about typical for where and how i ride (based on Metzlers, Michelin's etc. that i've had on my prior bikes.)

Mileage certainly beats the OEMs and while they are maybe not quite as sticky, i never found them limiting the capabilities of the GSX. I'm no stud rider, but ride twisties pretty respectably - chicken strips maybe 1/8 inch. (I know, i know ... before anyone goes nuts I'm not saying thats a measure of anything but the fact that i've used the whole tire.) They held up under everything i could give them, with no track use.

The only thing i did notice is that the GTs (not the GTII) felt a little different after 1-1.5k miles. That's typical with a lot of tires though some manufacturers are re-engineering and now claim they have consistent feel right up until they're shot. It wasn't significant for me, but noticeable. Felt turnier than the OEM and stable and grippy enough. I also went with the 190/55/17 on the GT (compared to the 50 OEM tire) and don't know if that supported it feeling turnier or maybe i just got more used to the bike (or both.)

In sum, i'd absolutely put another set of Angels on there and would never put the OEM Dunlop on again based on the negligible difference in performance and significant difference in longevity.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
... and i liked seeing old jackbob's post. i've heard mostly good things about them and i think my next tire experiment will be Roadsmart 3s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Replaced the tires today - 10250km. I got a flat due to a nail, but I was planning to order the tyres this week anyways. Mostly fairly straight highway miles. Replaced with Angel GT II.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My gsx-s1000f is a new old stock 2018. It heartens me to know that the tires, which only have 700 kilometres on them so far, are likely to wear out within the next 3000 kilometres.

I don’t know if sitting in a dealers front window, in the daily sun, rarely being moved, made much difference, but they are the least confidence inspiring tires I’ve ever ridden on a new bike. They have a wooden feel, never give the impression they’re gripping on the turns, and I can’t wait for them to wear out.

Why Suzuki didn’t put Bridgestones on the gsx-s is beyond me. Having owned three new gsxr1000s with Bridgestones, that was the way to go.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts