GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like the side tank protector from suzuki which matches my Centre pad.

On the Australian site they have the matching side protector

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/accessories/part/990D0-04KA2-PAD/black-fuel-tank-protection-decals

unfortunately the tank protector on the UK site of the same part number is different and doesnt have the dots near the seat as seen here

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/mx/accessories/product/range/gsx-s1000/tank-side-protection-pad-set/

Any ideas peeps as my tank is scuffed from my textiles and i want a protector on there ASAP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You could buy them from Oz, the exchange rate is in your favour but shipping out of australian can be very rough. If suzuki wont send it out I'm sure one of us upside down folks could make a trip to the post office ;)

Tried talking to your dealer?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I ordered mine from the UK and got the ones shown in the Australian link, which is good, that's what I wanted. Not sure why I didn't get the plain ones in your link though....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could buy them from Oz, the exchange rate is in your favour but shipping out of australian can be very rough. If suzuki wont send it out I'm sure one of us upside down folks could make a trip to the post office ;)

Tried talking to your dealer?
Its certainly an option sparehead.

Unfortunately my dealership didnt even realise they did them and was trying to find me a 'stomp grip' branded one.
I'll see what they have in when i pop in tuesday.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I ordered from the UK, clear option, turned up with the spots which wasn't an issue for me, also when the 1st service was done the dealers asked where i got them from, told him Suzuki UK and he admitted that he didn't know they did them..................... and he was the parts and accessory guy. :eek::eek:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ackack i got it from my dealership but it just seems hit and miss what they actually give you. I had noticed some have the writing vertical and others horizontal.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine is horizontal form my supplying dealer... Crap photo, cropped from an image I had on my phone, but you get the idea...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts