GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a GSXR owner/racer since 2001 and finally decided to convert my K9 GSXR 1k to my race bike and picked up a the GSX-S up for street duty. Only got 200 miles so far, but happy with it. Did some full throttle pulls to 11k rpm today and feels pretty good. I will definately be on a power hunt at some point (possilbly thinking turbo Next year some time) as it definitely is a drop from the GSXR but the torque does hide it well. Hope to do a M4 full system and probably a bazzaz FI/QC unit this winter. (unless the K5 GSXR 1000 Headers will fit as I have a spare set, and then just do a slip on M4 shorty for a full system for $350 :D)

I am hoping there is a way to put a steering damper on this thing at some point, but doesn't look promising. So far the suspension is plush and soaks up nicely but I believe some stiffening will be coming shortly.

I did notice today that as the bike gets around 11k RPM in first at WOT TC on Level 1 kicks in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Others have posted that K5 headers pipes don't fit but didn't explain why. Just bought a K6 to use as a track bike and looking underneath the pipes run either side of a central sump while on the GSX-S the sump is offset to left and the exhaust/cat runs down the right side of the sump. Not sure if you can fit a K5/6 style sump and pick up to the GSX-S to make it work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome! I am just a few minutes north of Cbus. I've only had my bike for about 48 hours. Heading over to Iron Pony in a few minutes. I think that everybody in Ohio knows that place. Motorcycle Mecca. I bought most of my gear there but I haven't had much luck buying bikes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually bought my bike from Iron Pony. If only the roads out here weren't straight as an arrow for the most part....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! Im in Cincinnati.
I am from the Liberty Twp area. Sooner or later will have to get this thing down to KY for a Rt 227 down to Georgetown from Verona. Trying to find a job back down in Ciny area to get closer to the good roads and family...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am from the Liberty Twp area. Sooner or later will have to get this thing down to KY for a Rt 227 down to Georgetown from Verona. Trying to find a job back down in Ciny area to get closer to the good roads and family...
I work in West Chester and ride in Liberty TWP pretty often. Pal of mine lives in Monroe and we ride fairly often. We will have to meet up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts