GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Do you like my Ohlins steering damper + custom kit?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Hey guys!!!!

Today I installed my Ohlins steering damper + custom kit for my SUZUKI GSX-S1000Z 2018! It is a custom kit that I've made! It is really amazing and fits great! Enjoy!

PS. For more check my FB!

Nice , What master cylinder are you using? I've been looking for something nice & clean like this , just got some hel braided lines & some new braker pads so good time to replace the stock.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nice work! Love seeing guys developing ways to make things work and then sharing that work here. I'd love to have a steering damper, but unfortunately, there's no clean and unobtrusive setups available that I've been able to locate. I'd probably buy a Toby damper to test if I came across a good deal on one. Don't need it bad enough to justify the cost of a new one.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't think this bike needs a damper, but nice work!. If you are getting bar shakes at speed its usually caused by too stiff front suspension, especially for lighter riders. The factory fork preload setting is WAY too stiff for anyone under 200 lbs. Before investing in an overpriced steering damper put a ziptie around one fork leg and ride a few days. My guess is if you are getting shakes you are not using half of the suspension travel because the preload is to much. That ziptie is your friend ;) I am 170 lbs and was getting bar shakes over 100 mph. Dropped the preload from stock 2 1/2 lins ahowing to 3 1/2 lines showing and no more drama at speed. Bars are rock solid. Front end feels much more planted yet still turns beautifully.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Same here.
I might be interested at some point. Not right now though. Gotta find work.
Just looking at your bikes in your signature, I also owned a bandit and XL250s. I wonder how many other GSXS owners have Bandits and dual sports in their history, Seems many of us here gravitate towards versatile bikes over more specialized rides.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts