GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had an issue with this? The O-ring is in place. I tightened the doo-doo out of it and it still is seeping a little bit. I have a new cap and OEM O-ring on order but I feel like I am missing something stupid. Started after I changed the oil for what that is worth.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Has anybody had an issue with this? The O-ring is in place. I tightened the doo-doo out of it and it still is seeping a little bit. I have a new cap and OEM O-ring on order but I feel like I am missing something stupid. Started after I changed the oil for what that is worth.

Hi wojo,
Probably the O ring was suss. Googling it seemed like a lot of new bikes have this issue and new O ring fixed it.
I suppose that when you refilled the oil after the service you had both wheels on flat ground, and not with the back jacked up higher with a paddock stand and filled it to the top of the sight glass?

Rob.

·
Registered
370 Posts
O-ring PN 0928017003.
Better to have it in your pocket before changing the engine oil.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Well, there goes that idea! LOL. I ordered to filler o-rings, a couple of oil drain gaskets and a filler plug. It was the same price for shipping. Robbery!
Should've just had your local dealer get you everything, just call up with all the part numbers ready. I always check the prices with my dealer before ordering from a parts site. Parts sites are notorious for high shipping, except a couple I've found (unless you spend $250+ and qualify for free shipping). Partsfish and PartShark (both are .com) always have reasonable shipping. Only problem with parts sites are that it usually takes a couple weeks on average to get the items to your door. Usually my dealer can get everything together in a few days.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should've just had your local dealer get you everything, just call up with all the part numbers ready. I always check the prices with my dealer before ordering from a parts site. Parts sites are notorious for high shipping, except a couple I've found (unless you spend $250+ and qualify for free shipping). Partsfish and PartShark (both are .com) always have reasonable shipping. Only problem with parts sites are that it usually takes a couple weeks on average to get the items to your door. Usually my dealer can get everything together in a few days.
Thanks. I'll bookmark those for next time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi wojo,
Probably the O ring was suss. Googling it seemed like a lot of new bikes have this issue and new O ring fixed it.
I suppose that when you refilled the oil after the service you had both wheels on flat ground, and not with the back jacked up higher with a paddock stand and filled it to the top of the sight glass?

Rob.
i would never use the sight glass for oil change. Use a measuring cup for the exact amount specified . Sight glass totally unreliable for anything other than hhmmm maybe my oil level is low after a million k's of not changing oil .A tiny shift off center gives a totally wrong reading in the glass , so if its overfilled no wonder its coming out the filler cap. Just a thought......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts