GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so it may seem dumb to some, but I just made a video from start to finish how too video (as the title says) check it out & see what you think.;)
some may be a little nervous doing their own maintenance & may just give them some inspiration (hopefully)

This was carried out on a Naked version, so some of it will be no of no use for the faired bike.

I have seen posts on here about the sump washer & overfilling it, so nobody is perfect. :eek:

·
Registered
285 Posts
done mine some time back and couldn't get the filter off until i moved coolant reserve bottle out of the way, unbolted not disconnected, and for some reason i found it very easy to get the filter off with that out of the way.Will try doing it your way next time, cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
until i moved coolant reserve bottle out of the way,
It would have been easier if it had the nut on top of the filter like some have, but it was a little difficult with my strap wrench to get it to move.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can change mine, "F" model, without removing anything at all.
I use the stock Suzuki oil filter ( was for my 99 Bandit 1200) wrench

·
Registered
307 Posts
OK so it may seem dumb to some, but I just made a video from start to finish how too video (as the title says) check it out & see what you think.;)
some may be a little nervous doing their own maintenance & may just give them some inspiration (hopefully)

This was carried out on a Naked version, so some of it will be no of no use for the faired bike.

I have seen posts on here about the sump washer & overfilling it, so nobody is perfect. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7oM9efLPmY
is it just me or what,he let all the oil out then he let it run for a few seconds :eek: that cant be right no way i would do that :eek:

·
Registered
538 Posts
How long does it starve the engine of oil when the top end is waiting for the oil filter to fill with oil? Just a thought, even pre filling it doesn't fill it completely especially when the filter is on its side

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Thanks Pork555! Just one suggestion, I always take the filter off while the drain plug is out and let everything drain before putting either back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts