GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I could not agree more about the filter being hard to remove, I ended up driving a screw drive through mine to get it off.
Also ended up taking the fairing off too as mine is a 'F' the more you take it off the easier it gets.
Well, with this lockdown I thought I would take advantage of putting the bike on stands and giving her a service.
The other mod I did yesterday was fit a Healtech quick-shifter, with the bike on stands and setting the quick shifter via app ran the bike through the gears no clutch could not be happier.
The real test that i've got the time right is when I can get out in the real world.
Lastly I received some new mirrors yesterday, that I ordered back in Feb, they are the same as the mirrors fitted to carbon edition GSX S1000 red/black on youtube, suppler is Banggood.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Agreed. I bought the Suzuki filter tool and it works great
As long as you only change that size filter.
Personally I like the Channellock 209 9-Inch Oil Filter & PVC Pliers. My ToughOne strap wrench works well also, but difficult to get around hard to reach filters. Channellock Gets to all my different size oil filter in hard to reach places. Also good for taking the pipe plug off the PVC where I need to add the bleach tablets to my septic system drain to the leach field as well.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts