GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to top up their oil ? Had it serviced last month for its 1st Service and only done 300 miles since and the level seems to be on the low marker. I warmed the bike up for 3 mins and then turned it off for 3 minutes as per the handbook. Do these bikes use a bit of oil ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine doesnt, otoh the pitch of the.bike matters- my garage floor slopes.vs the driveway, which slightly affects the level in the sightglass. How far you pull the bike up vertically this time.vs the other matters too.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i mean, if someone’s bike wasn’t running properly, or didn’t seat the rings proper somehow then it could, just like any piston cylinder machine lol

my 13 Scion tC has 190k miles and doesn’t burn a drop of oil, I do 15k oil changes and i change it myself. It’s at the full line at change and 15k it’s at the full line same spot

my gf’s Chevy Sonic w 75k miles burns a quart eveey 5k but we aren’t fixing it

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just wondering if you checked the oil strate after the service?
I don't really trust moto shops to do work on my bike I've had problems before.
I even do my own tire changes so i don't end up with scratched rims.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I change oil and filter every 2500 miles and after 23k miles I can happily say I've never had to add an ounce of oil between changes. BTW: I fill up to the top line when I change. I use Rotella T6 15W-40 and K&N filters only because they are easier on and off on the F model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone had to top up their oil ? Had it serviced last month for its 1st Service and only done 300 miles since and the level seems to be on the low marker. I warmed the bike up for 3 mins and then turned it off for 3 minutes as per the handbook. Do these bikes use a bit of oil ?
Mine hasn't used any but I'm way over due for a oil charge so I'm going to try and get Mine dropped off this week to have it serviced for its first time. Then take it back home and give it a serious bath and some TLC as it's been just awesome machine I love my bike. I'm going to look into what to use to wash and clean the bike and wheels and polish the plastic and tank with out dulling paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts