GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Not really into all the retro stuff, but did take a look at the Z900RS at the bike show last year. I have a mate who was in the market for a retro and he fell in love with it too. Sadly the test ride didn't live up to his expectations and he ended up with a Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/triumph/bonneville-bobber-black/2018/

The Bonnie is certainly a looker, but still wouldn't have one.... I'll stick to a modern design and a screaming 4cyl thanks :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's just because I'm older than dirt, but I get the retro bike thing, because I'm not really fond of the Transformer look of a lot of the modern nakeds. The UJM design still works for me and I kinda like the gas tank that isn't covered in plastic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
$11,500 is a ton of money for that one in my opinion. That's almost into R9T and Thruxton territory, both bikes that I think look far nicer, and offer a lot more in the way of cache. This is cool, but feels overpriced by about 2 grand. Heck, it's more than most of Triumph's modern classics, the Ducati scrambler, and the CB1100. Too many great options for less money, and too many better options for the same money.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well, I think it looks kinda cool, at least in the pic with the guy riding it .... I’m an older fart though, I used to race a KZ-900 based Superbike back in the ‘80’s, so brings back good memories. I agree, the price seems a little steep.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
back in the day we grew up with those bikes ..some drooled for one others owned one...the kawasaki was always top of the food chain back in those days....suzuki always took a back seat on the showroom floor behind honda and kawasaki...suzuki was the best kept secret for years....and there naked is still on top...they held true to giving the biggest bang for the buck in power and reliability ....one of the most reliable today.......ok off subject.....but all i can think of is.....Look another retro trying to find its glory days.........with the S around those days are over......theres a fever going around stay in bed

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
back in the day we grew up with those bikes ..some drooled for one others owned one...the kawasaki was always top of the food chain back in those days....suzuki always took a back seat on the showroom floor behind honda and kawasaki...suzuki was the best kept secret for years....and there naked is still on top...they held true to giving the biggest bang for the buck in power and reliability ....one of the most reliable today.......ok off subject.....but all i can think of is.....Look another retro trying to find its glory days.........with the S around those days are over......theres a fever going around stay in bed
Stay in bed? Don't worry, my fever would not cause the replacement of my S, just a stable mate. ;)
Is that so wrong? :eek:

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know how they ride but absolutely love what Kawasaki has done with this bike. I prefer the non-Cafe model thought. I was excited when this came out with the Z900 motor until I read they detuned it about 20+ hp.

Why!!
Great question. They give the standard reason- more low end torque and improved street driving. Maybe there is something to that, because every manufacturer seems to do that with the "standard" version of race engines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
I had cb1000 r reason i like sports bikes handling ,power ,light weight but I have gone over a few cars so race position does not suit anymore .
So The CB was a good one comfortable ,quick around town great or Sunday blast .I have a Gsxs now with power commander K&N yoshimura r11 ,ktec shock and front springs and piston kit and Toby on Order from Nitron USA price 450 $ thanks to one of the lads on this site giving me a code (Advrider)50 $off cheers . I have to say it is a lot more stable and a lot quicker than CB its up to 149 BHP. But really nice bike to ride now was before but better now .
Greg

·
Registered
486 Posts
They should have called this a GPz900, as that's pretty much what it is.

When I was younger I lusted after the GPz550 and the VFR500 big time but being a young lad I had no money or credit yet. I had an Kawasaki F7 175 2 stroke dual purpose bike as a first bike in those days. Ran it out of 2 stoke oil and seized it one too many times. Last time it happened I got so pissed off I took an ax to it and left it for dead it in the woods. Too much testosterone at that age haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts