GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought a few of the GSX-S1000 owners out there who are getting a bit old or are carrying old war wounds would like to see what I have done with my footpegs. They are still rough and need finishing but you'll get the idea. They work well for a bloke with bad feet and hands. Most of the bits are Suzuki except for the gear linkage which is part GSX-S1000, part1981 CBX1000 Aussie model and part of a set of rearsets that were on a 2007 GSXR750. The pegs are ebay DL1000 pegs, The peg mounts are GSX-S1000 left mounts on both sides. The gear and brake levers are stock. The rest is junk I had lying around. This is the fourth generation of forward pegs I have made, two worked two didn't. The main problem is binding of the gear shift linkage. I'll now make some pretty ones out of slightly thinner stock. See attached pics (if they work).

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Just thought a few of the GSX-S1000 owners out there who are getting a bit old or are carrying old war wounds would like to see what I have done with my footpegs. They are still rough and need finishing but you'll get the idea. They work well for a bloke with bad feet and hands. Most of the bits are Suzuki except for the gear linkage which is part GSX-S1000, part1981 CBX1000 Aussie model and part of a set of rearsets that were on a 2007 GSXR750. The pegs are ebay DL1000 pegs, The peg mounts are GSX-S1000 left mounts on both sides. The gear and brake levers are stock. The rest is junk I had lying around. This is the fourth generation of forward pegs I have made, two worked two didn't. The main problem is binding of the gear shift linkage. I'll now make some pretty ones out of slightly thinner stock. See attached pics (if they work).
Good work ol lad... I'm modifying my gear lever at the mo because of dodgy ankle plus trying to think of a cure for the heavy clutch, dodgy wrist too...!!..:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good stuff Yosh.
I am thinking about lowering mine as my hips are not what they should be.
I have seen some on-line but am wondering about the brake and gear levers.
You pics have given me a bit of an idea.

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like that a lot. My legs are a little long for this bike, knees don't quite fit to the tank. And I've done a surprising amount of damage to my left hip, knee, and ankle for only 29 years. I may have to look into something like this, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts