GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been riding 2 wheels for 56 years, currently riding a (bought new) 2016 red/black 1000s. Ridden many bikes over the years, last 2 wheeler a 2005 Busa and then a 2008 Can Am. Got off 2 wheels on Dr. advice but after almost 2 years decided to get back on 2 wheels but something lighter than a Busa. Now prepping to try a track day :).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome Grandpa X. Seems like we've been riding a similar number of years. :cool:

You can add me to the Grandad list, our very first grandchild (daughter) was born two days ago, Sunday Jan 27th. :):):)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Oh come on. 56? you can't be the same age as me and call yourself grandpa. Man, I'm just getting started, lol.

And red/black F models rule!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the GSX-S1000. I hope your track day goes well. Let us know what you think of the bike after you put a few hundred miles on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Grandpa X. Seems like we've been riding a similar number of years. :cool:

You can add me to the Grandad list, our very first grandchild (daughter) was born two days ago, Sunday Jan 27th. :):):)
I'm not 56 years old, just been riding that long! I'll be 68 when I hit :eek:the track for the 1st time! My oldest grandchild is 16 the youngest 2 and all like my bike. Was advised to take the bike to a track as I wear out my tires within 2-3k, now on Q3+ and love them. Have just at 8k on bike in 19 mos and find myself riding much to hard for the street, love going around curves>:D. Totaled 1st busa in 2005 at the Dragon, Deals Gap, have just gotten worse the older I'm getting!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Track days? Wearing out your tires in 2,000 to 3,000 miles? On Dunlop Q3+ and loving them? Totaled your 'Busa on the Dragon? You are the coolest Grandpa EVER! Live the dream my friend. You are an inspiration.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm not 56 years old, just been riding that long! I'll be 68 when I hit :eek:the track for the 1st time! My oldest grandchild is 16 the youngest 2 and all like my bike. Was advised to take the bike to a track as I wear out my tires within 2-3k, now on Q3+ and love them. Have just at 8k on bike in 19 mos and find myself riding much to hard for the street, love going around curves>:D. Totaled 1st busa in 2005 at the Dragon, Deals Gap, have just gotten worse the older I'm getting!!

Love your story, but just for clarity I did not say or assume you were 56 years old 0:) just that our years riding time was similar.
It was Stromer wot dunnit.:)>:D;)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Have been riding 2 wheels for 56 years, currently riding a (bought new) 2016 red/black 1000s. Ridden many bikes over the years, last 2 wheeler a 2005 Busa and then a 2008 Can Am. Got off 2 wheels on Dr. advice but after almost 2 years decided to get back on 2 wheels but something lighter than a Busa. Now prepping to try a track day :).
Well done that man...:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts