GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

I am looking to get a feel for pricing. What has everyone payed for their GSX S?

A local dealership quoted me $13K for the ABS version and $12,400 for the non version. (This is in the USA for what it's worth.)

In his defense it was close to lunch so his blood sugar may have been low. Or he's just an ******* trying to make an extra buck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hello Everyone.

I am looking to get a feel for pricing. What has everyone payed for their GSX S?

A local dealership quoted me $13K for the ABS version and $12,400 for the non version. (This is in the USA for what it's worth.)

In his defense it was close to lunch so his blood sugar may have been low. Or he's just an ******* trying to make an extra buck.
RUN Away!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did after I told him to have a merry xmas. I felt that that would be a good enough insult since we are no longer allowed to say those foul words anymore.

·
Registered
865 Posts
USA? Screw that! Do not pay a penny more than MSRP OTD. I called around and one dealer did slightly better. $10,964 for a blue 1000F. No gimmicks, that was the price. Just shop around. Someone will give you a deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picked up my GSX S1000 last week here in beautiful Southern California. I learned it's impossible to pick one up at MSRP here in So Cal. Here is the break down that mine came out to, you may find one at a better price but be patient.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
In Canada they retail for 12,299 cad or 8,999 usd. A trip across the border may be in order given the U.S dollar. That is for the abs model.

Reactions: motomanic

·
Registered
85 Posts
was that for an ABS model?

Picked up my GSX S1000 last week here in beautiful Southern California. I learned it's impossible to pick one up at MSRP here in So Cal. Here is the break down that mine came out to, you may find one at a better price but be patient.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly ABS just might complicate things a bit for me. I plan to change the brake lines and pads. On the street I don't follow to close to where I may need ABS. There is the occasional cager that pulls out in front of you, or is on the phone f#cking around. The street has it's moments for screwin off but most of my really fast riding is reserved for the track.

·
Registered
865 Posts
On the street I don't follow to close to where I may need ABS.
That has nothing to do with someone pulling out in front of you, or darting infant of you then hitting their brakes hard. Or something falling off a truck and into the road in front of you. Or... or... or... It happens every day. Look at the data. ABS will stop your bike in a much shorter distance vs. non-ABS. It's a life-saver, that's why it's available. Not to hijack the thread, but....

·
Registered
515 Posts
That has nothing to do with someone pulling out in front of you, or darting infant of you then hitting their brakes hard. Or something falling off a truck and into the road in front of you. Or... or... or... It happens every day. Look at the data. ABS will stop your bike in a much shorter distance vs. non-ABS. It's a life-saver, that's why it's available. Not to hijack the thread, but....
Um. ABS actually increases stopping distance from what I have read.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Won't have the choice anyway. F Models only come with ABS and the nakeds will follow that spec as of 2016, so if you want one without ABS you will need to buy second hand or find one left at the back of a dealership, seeing as they are flying off of the showroom floor you might have to look at may I suggest a Z1000, or some other model that hasn't dragged it's self into the 21st century.

Just Saying : - )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts