GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

I am looking to get a feel for pricing. What has everyone payed for their GSX S?

A local dealership quoted me $13K for the ABS version and $12,400 for the non version. (This is in the USA for what it's worth.)

In his defense it was close to lunch so his blood sugar may have been low. Or he's just an ******* trying to make an extra buck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
OTD price for GSX S1000 ABS

I paid $10,500 OTD on October 29,2015 in Montgomery, Alabama for a blue GSX S1000 ABS. The dealer only had one on the floor and it did not have ABS so they ordered one from the Atlanta warehouse and had it in three days. The first quote they gave me was nearly $11 K. The thing that you must be wary of in the US is "documentation fee". The "doc fee" laws vary from state to state. In Alabama, a dealer can charge any amount they choose but they are required to charge everyone the same amount. In states allowing "doc fees" they have to show it on the bill of sale but you should insist that they lower the sticker price by the amount of the documentation fee. Doc fees ran anywhere from $50 to $200 among the four dealers that I called in Alabama. Also, my dealer did not charge any shipping or assembly/setup fee. Many dealers will attempt to shaft you with these kinds of add-ons.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$10,500 is a score. I will check on the documentation fees per my state/dealer. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I looked at my dealer worksheet. I previously said I got mine for $9200. It was $9300 plus tax, tags, titles. (so about $9700 OTD) ABS model. Keep in mine one of my best friends runs the dealership. He did not charge me freight or set up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Right about $9800 out the door...Red & Black naked ABS model

Reactions: Rhyno54

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How are these stearlerships selling these so cheap? They retail $10,000 non abs and $10,500 for the abs version.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i'd like to see the sales invoice, don't believe it until you prove it :)california has some hefty taxes but i managed to get my gsx-s1000abs for msrp OTD. plus i traded in my honda cb1000r and got 6k trade in value for it.

I looked at my dealer worksheet. I previously said I got mine for $9200. It was $9300 plus tax, tags, titles. (so about $9700 OTD) ABS model. Keep in mine one of my best friends runs the dealership. He did not charge me freight or set up.

·
Registered
849 Posts
How are these stearlerships selling these so cheap? They retail $10,000 non abs and $10,500 for the abs version.
Who knows. Don't care, lol. The F model is $11,000 MSRP. I told them not a penny more or I walk. I reminded them that there are five Suzuki dealerships all within an hour of here, some less than fifteen minutes. I was OTD for $10,964.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i'd like to see the sales invoice, don't believe it until you prove it :)california has some hefty taxes but i managed to get my gsx-s1000abs for msrp OTD. plus i traded in my honda cb1000r and got 6k trade in value for it.

I'm not here to convince anyone. I was just sharing my sales price. The guy right above you was $9800 OTD.

·
Registered
85 Posts

after reviewing my invoice, I was wrong. I was charged freight and set up. I think $175 is the lowest rate he can charge. If I recall correctly, that's freight and set up for a small child's dirt bike.

My trade was valued at $1000 over KBB.

my OTD price was the same though. OTD price is largely moot because different states have different tax rates, surcharges, and so on.

vehicle price and setup/freight is the meat. The other stuff is variable and goes to the state, not the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
The sheet I referenced in my first post was the dealer write up sheet. (which has some variances in it) the scanned sheet is the actual invoice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
taxes are 9percent in california so msrp OTD means i think i paid 9,300 plus tax and dmv.

after reviewing my invoice, I was wrong. I was charged freight and set up. I think $175 is the lowest rate he can charge. If I recall correctly, that's freight and set up for a small child's dirt bike.

My trade was valued at $1000 over KBB.

my OTD price was the same though. OTD price is largely moot because different states have different tax rates, surcharges, and so on.

vehicle price and setup/freight is the meat. The other stuff is variable and goes to the state, not the dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Out the door price

Mine was $11300 otd. I got a Red and Black ABS Model. The bike was 9999 + registration + Destination + Tax. Tax alone is $863 (NY 8.625 Tax Rate). I did not get charged setup fees. Always go to this dealer and they are a bunch of really good guys. They have helped me out with many things in the past and didn't charge me a dime on my other bikes. At the end of the day as long as you are happy with the bike, I am not sure if its worth quibbling over a few hundred bucks. My only regret is not purchasing sooner as it is cold and snowy now. Only got to put 400 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
$16,200 in Brisbane,Australia. I've used this motorcycle shop for the last 3 years and have purchased 4 bikes through them in this time but they didn't have much wiggle room in the OTD but definitely made up for it in discounts for accessories. They'll fit any part for free for the first year, All my parts which would have cost $1500+ i received for $930.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Deposit put on mine today Georgia for alabama registration. Got the blue non abs model for 9700 OTD. Thought I did pretty good until i saw some 9800OTD for abs model. Still happy based on some of the other quotes I received. I was really trying to get 9500 though. Pick up on friday.

1 - 20 of 255 Posts