GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
$9760 out the door for a new Blue ABS model. It was listed for $10.500 but after some haggling I got the price I wanted from a dealer in Memphis, TN that had a blue and model and a grey non-abs. I'm pleased. I've had mine for 3 days and have clocked 175 miles around town and to work. It seems to be a pussycat bike so far...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I`m in Nova Scotia,Canada.
1000 f for $12,200 + tax(15%). msrp was $12,999.
Comes with $500.00 in free accessories and
a five year warranty(all suzuki bikes until end of March).

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the U.S. no rebates yet, so msrp OTD is pretty decent. If it's a demo you can get it for less. Freight is negotiable because it's only added to the price to show more for your trade. There really isn't any freight or prep, it's bs. You're stuck paying the document fee, it's not negotiable in most states, the dealer has to charge the same doc fee to everyone. You can ride away from the dealer at MSRP OTD (6% state tax + title, reg, doc fee, maybe a lien fee) and feel good about it. The more times you say "I have to think about it" or "I have to talk to my wife" or "got a better price somewhere else", the less you'll pay. If you want a Suzuki warranty that's gonna cost more, but you can negotiate the price too. List price for a $72 month "Suzuki" SEP is marked up 100%, sometimes more. Cost is around $500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a grey naked abs for $13429 Canadian, about $10300 US$ out the door, that is including 13% sales tax, and new plate/sticker and a full tank. All pdi and freight fees were waived.
5 year Suzuki warranty included!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My local dealership has the Non-ABS versions listed at $8999 before taxes and fees. I live in North Carolina.

I stopped by to get some quotes. I was putting $5000 down, had a trade in worth $4000 at least. They told me I still would owe $1500! This was the same case for 3 dealerships. So that would be $10,500 OTD. I've never purchased a brand new bike before so any tips on lowering that price would be appreciated, can't wait to get one of these.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My local dealership has the Non-ABS versions listed at $8999 before taxes and fees. I live in North Carolina.

I stopped by to get some quotes. I was putting $5000 down, had a trade in worth $4000 at least. They told me I still would owe $1500! This was the same case for 3 dealerships. So that would be $10,500 OTD. I've never purchased a brand new bike before so any tips on lowering that price would be appreciated, can't wait to get one of these.
Just have to haggle between the 3 of them and have the dealerships outbid each other. Sometimes, it's just a statement that dealer X is at $$ OTD. I'd try and sell the trade-in privately...they're probably making (you're losing) $1500 right there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
same with any deal, walk in, lay your cards on the table "i have got 5k cash, 4k in trade in value which you should make 6k on, either we will do a swap for the 5k and my bike or i will walk" then when they say no give them your phone number tell them to call you when they change there mind.. they will call you within 2 hours with a "counter offer" reject it over the phone, tell them OTD or no deal and allow them to call you back again, either they will call you or they wont, if they dont move onto the next dealership

·
Registered
189 Posts

When a trade-in is part of the deal, the dealer will have the upper hand and the water starts to get muddy. All I can offer is that I paid $10,500 OTD (no trade-in) for a naked ABS version in Alabama last October. You should be able to get the non ABS version for $10K max. I don't know what the DOC fee is in NC but the dealer has to show it on the bill of sale and you should require that he reduce the price of the bike by the same amount or increase your trade-in value by that amount. You should also refuse to pay freight and any added setup fee. Good luck.

·
Registered
278 Posts
With a trade-in I always try to negotiate based on the difference I want to pay. I tell them I don't care what they charge me for their bike or what they give me for mine as long as the difference is no more than a particular number I have in mind. It's worked well for me in the past.

·
Registered
12 Posts
purchased a Red / Black GSXS 1000F today 11,400 OTD (tax, Reg, etc) dealer throwing in 1st service, frame sliders, tidy tail and the crate bike shipped in to boot. I called every dealership within 300 miles best i could get OTD. Picking it up tomorrow AM purchased Bay Area California.

·
Registered
336 Posts
purchased a Red / Black GSXS 1000F today 11,400 OTD (tax, Reg, etc) dealer throwing in 1st service, frame sliders, tidy tail and the crate bike shipped in to boot. I called every dealership within 300 miles best i could get OTD. Picking it up tomorrow AM purchased Bay Area California.
Nice! Where did you buy from?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good deal!
14643$ cad tx in with goodies!
Do you have 5 year unlimited warranty in us?
I payed 15200cad otd and they gave me 5200 for my bike(fzee9):eek:
Bof..life is short...no time to lose
Still owe 10000 to the bank!....but good interest rates,and when I have the cash I'll pay the balance !
I don't care,it's a suzuk,good for life and beyond!:D
I forgot to ask for first service free...duh!

21 - 40 of 255 Posts