GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have used these with good results and never had any issues. Wouldn't touch a scotchlock.
Posi connectors

Reactions: Gixxus_Lou

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Update, bike and I fully in sync now no problems. I had been using B mode but now ride in A mode all the time, instant grunt. (y)
Have put the Nitron-NTR1 shock on "just because I can" only ridden short trip on flat roads so far.
Manual says don't use quick shifter below 2000 rpm but I would say more like 2500-3000 rpm.
Just a personal thing but I find the induction noise annoying, if the old baffle plate would fit I would put one in. No parts listings available yet but I suspect the air box is different.

·
Registered
2016 GSXS 1000
52 Posts
I wish suzuki would post the pricing on their website for the US. Definitely looking to upgrade my 2016 and all of my mods should swap over to the new bike.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
One thing I notice that is different on the 2021 is that there is a positive feeling when selecting neutral. There is a definite click/notch when it goes in. That's something I never had on the old bike although there was no problem finding neutral I had to check the "N" light to be sure. What do people with later, 2017+ models find?
Also the wiring harness is much better now, mine never fit properly, had to strain to get the main harness to fit the notch on RH side of the air-box and to reach the ECU. Now there is a nice grommet where it goes into the notch. (y)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Said goodbye to my 6yr old 40,500 mile Naked today and hello to it's 2021 successor.
Replaced all the pads with EBC HH and fitted an extender to the hugger.
Some time in the future I will get round to putting my Nitron NTR1 shock in.
I need to get used to the clutch I stalled about four or five times during a short ride something I rarely ever do. Hope it improves with time.
View attachment 45971
Shot taken at the dealers.
Oh I forgot to mention, no throttle snatch at all. (y)
Congratulations on your new bike! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
A few days ago, I also got me a new Kawasaki Z650 ABS 2021 to help the Honda CB500F with my daily commute in Los Angeles traffic.

·
Registered
651 Posts
there was no problem finding neutral I had to check the "N" light to be sure. What do people with later, 2017+ models find?
I do the same.
Got a 21 swapped out for the 16. Good on ya' mate!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks, learned something new. (y)
They’re better when used correctly and for the right size is a fair comment. Oh and

Hi Richard, apologies for the delay in response, the factory have mentioned that the suspension has been tweaked / adjusted to suit the new tires that have been made for the new GSX-S1000. Thank you

·
Registered
860 Posts
Are they being sold anywhere else besides Australia? Dealers here in the US don't have a clue as to when they will show up. No price yet even.

I am really looking forward to seeing the T model too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
One thing I notice that is different on the 2021 is that there is a positive feeling when selecting neutral. There is a definite click/notch when it goes in. That's something I never had on the old bike although there was no problem finding neutral I had to check the "N" light to be sure. What do people with later, 2017+ models find?
Also the wiring harness is much better now, mine never fit properly, had to strain to get the main harness to fit the notch on RH side of the air-box and to reach the ECU. Now there is a nice grommet where it goes into the notch. (y)
No problem on 2019 for neutral

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone else noticed the mistake on Suzuki gsxs1000 www re dimensions of seat height and overall width? I’ve told them so may change, be quick.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Anyone else noticed the mistake on Suzuki gsxs1000 www re dimensions of seat height and overall width? I’ve told them so may change, be quick.
Suzuki UK says seat height 810 same as ever. Bars are wider on 2021 model.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Suzuki UK says seat height 810 same as ever. Bars are wider on 2021 model.
Hi,
Yeah thats not what i meant.
They quote two settings as 810mm (seat height and overall width) then in brackets give different inch amounts, lol.
Anyhow I have received an email reply from Suzuki GB plc re suspension which states that although the riding position has changed a little the suspension is as before.
Probably why you ended up fitting the Nitron?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi,
Yeah thats not what i meant.
They quote two settings as 810mm (seat height and overall width) then in brackets give different inch amounts, lol.
Anyhow I have received an email reply from Suzuki GB plc re suspension which states that although the riding position has changed a little the suspension is as before.
Probably why you ended up fitting the Nitron?
Ah gotcha, I don't look at the imperial measurements often these days as I'm fully indoctrinated in to metric, except when it comes to height, weight and beer. :)
Well spotted though. (y)

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi dekker,

Enjoy your new GSXS, it seems to be a good deal for you.
It's nice to see you have so many beautiful words and impressions to share with us about it.
The picture you've posted at the beginning of the thread is really awesome and I hope you'll continue to post pics here or in the dedicated topic for pics.

I'll keep my eyes on your thread to see how things will go on and maybe next year, if you or other new owners of the new model will continue to give a positive feedback about this bike, I'll change my F900R and come back among the happy GSXS riders of this great forum.

Till then, ride safe and have fun!

PS: Maybe now it's the right time for you to change the GSXS info from your profile. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Hi dekker,

Enjoy your new GSXS, it seems to be a good deal for you.
It's nice to see you have so many beautiful words and impressions to share with us about it.
The picture you've posted at the beginning of the thread is really awesome and I hope you'll continue to post pics here or in the dedicated topic for pics.

I'll keep my eyes on your thread to see how things will go and maybe next year, if you or other new owners of the new model will continue to have a positive feedback about this bike, I'll change my F900R and come back among the happy GSXS riders of this great forum.

Till then, ride safe and have fun!

PS: Maybe it's the right time for you to change the 2015 GSXS info from your profile. ;)
Thanks Kassu, - details duly updated.
Nearest bike I had to yours was an F800 ST hope you are enjoying the F900R it looks great.
Brilliant photo by the way. (y)

Reactions: Kassu
41 - 57 of 57 Posts