GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off work next week with no real plans. I'm throwing around the idea of taking an over night trip to the Barber Motorsports Museum. This is about a 6-7 hour ride for me (~550 miles one way taking the scenic route), and by far the longest trip I'll have been on.

What would be on your check list before you leave? I currently only have a tail bag and back pack, but I could pick up a tank bag before then.

Me and a friend are going on a ~300 mile ride this Saturday so I'll be gauging how I feel after that to see if the Barber trip is possible now, or if I need to build up to it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
add...rain gear or GoreTex riding gear. Cell phone aux battery for all the pics you will be taking at Barber (it is awesome). Pair of shorts.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Have fun at Barber, went there a year or so ago and enjoyed it very much.

You staying at a hotel? I'd carry as little as possible if you don't have decent luggage. For an overnight you could almost get away with roadside assistance card and credit/debit card along with a change of clothes. If weather is iffy, bring that rain suit.

Gnomie is right, you'll be taking a lot of pictures. Very cool stuff and the lighting there results in great pictures from anyone with a cell phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts