GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone done this while I have ole girl apart? Taking off the exhaust servo too. All in one since you have to take all the plastics off to get the tank off.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't have any advice, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what you are doing... Subscribing to this, thanks in advance for sharing whatever you learn! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any advice, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what you are doing... Subscribing to this, thanks in advance for sharing whatever you learn! :)
Well im not the first. So far the have ordered the pair block off plates, pair eliminator, and looking for the servo buddy. Hoping that the evap canister purge valve doesnt throw a fi light. Then ill be all set

·
Registered
176 Posts
What's the difference between blockoff plate and pair eliminator? Do you have a fuel control system installed ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the difference between blockoff plate and pair eliminator? Do you have a fuel control system installed ?
Plates remove the entire system and block the cylinder heads, the eliminator is the electrical side. Its just a resistor in an oem style plug to not get an fi light. My goal is to get the arrow headers and a ecu flash once they become more readily available. The ecu is under the gas tank so its a pain to pull out for flashing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I vaguely remember doing the TRE, PAIR mod, etc. on my '03 GSXR 1000, but it's been so long ago I don't remember much. I also did a full yosh system and had the ECU done. After a few dyno runs it was very smooth, predictable, and **** fast. If this new Gixxus responds the same way, you"ll be very pleased I'm sure.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The only thing I'm spending time trying to take off of my bike are these darn chicken strips and I seem to be having trouble!!!

Reactions: DTM74 and vnuh

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing I'm spending time trying to take off of my bike are these darn chicken strips and I seem to be having trouble!!!
lol, I dont have that issue. My issue is tearing a bike apart with less than 50 miles on it. I do it everytime I get a bike, and that's pretty often.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I vaguely remember doing the TRE, PAIR mod, etc. on my '03 GSXR 1000, but it's been so long ago I don't remember much. I also did a full yosh system and had the ECU done. After a few dyno runs it was very smooth, predictable, and **** fast. If this new Gixxus responds the same way, you"ll be very pleased I'm sure.
I'm doing this but wont mess with the electronics till there is a good reflash out there. Looking for what Ivans does with his. This eliminates the need for the tre and a few other tidbits.

Also while I'm at it, I'm trying to decided weather to take out the secondary flies. I had good luck doing that with my ninja1000 and my zx14r previously.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Bike has been fine so far. Servo buddy installed, i gutted the factory purge valve and plugged it back in. As for the block off plates, they look like they will fit. I got impatient with them coming in the mail and just capped the factory covers for now. When theres an ecu reflash, ill put the plates on. For now the bike has been super smooth for me.

Also to note, I did in fact remove the secondary flies. To me the bike drives well as it should. I didnt have enough time with them in to get a feeling for it, but i am happy with the results. If you are on the fence about removing them, so far it hasnt reduce the drive ability of my particular bike.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bike has been fine so far. Servo buddy installed, i gutted the factory purge valve and plugged it back in. As for the block off plates, they look like they will fit. I got impatient with them coming in the mail and just capped the factory covers for now. When theres an ecu reflash, ill put the plates on. For now the bike has been super smooth for me.

Also to note, I did in fact remove the secondary flies. To me the bike drives well as it should. I didnt have enough time with them in to get a feeling for it, but i am happy with the results. If you are on the fence about removing them, so far it hasnt reduce the drive ability of my particular bike.
Can you go into some detail about gutting the purge valve? Did you plug it and hook it back up to the engine?

As for the secondary throttles, don't you lose some traction control functionality by removing those?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can you go into some detail about gutting the purge valve? Did you plug it and hook it back up to the engine?
Curious to hear about this as well. Specifically if there's an electrical connection to the PAIR valve that needs to be capped.

Also, did you ever fit the block off plates?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts