GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you fit a PC you need to block off the pair system. I've plugged the air box connection & I was wondering if I disconnect it at the plug. I could then take the whole thing out & block both the outlets on the cam cover, which would give more room plus a neater job. My question is will disconnecting the electrics bring up an ECU light? Anybody tried it yet? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I did this on my 1400 and although it is a different bike the electrics and principles are the same and it gave no errors , it did make the bike have a nice popping sound on the over run though, i think this will need to be done if you are running a PC5 with an auto tune

Reactions: coper1968

·
Registered
593 Posts
I agree with nicka, PAIR only needs to be removed if you are running the autotune as it would potentially mess with what the wide band sensor is reading. Standard PCV bypasses the stock sensor so it doesn't care what is going through the exhaust.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it needs to be blocked off at the air box when you have a PC & a custom map as well as the O2 sensor. I thought if it was blocked, it was not working, so why not remove it completely, but if it brings up an ECU light I'll just leave it there. Now I just need to locate the servo motor for the exhaust butterfly & disconnect that.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,599 Posts
Mdala wrote
Now I just need to locate the servo motor for the exhaust butterfly & disconnect that.
Good luck with that, it's a pig to get at. It would be easier with the rear shock removed but that was too much hassle for me.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you leave the pair valve functional, often times you'll get popping as you close the throttle. No need to remove it when you can block airflow through it with a marble. You just use the marble like a cork and make it so no air can get in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
As I understand it you only need to disable PAIR when tuning AFR. The rest of the time its just lowering your emissions with no impact to performance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's even a bigger pig on the ABS model as it's beneath the control unit, so it can stay there for now. When I had my other bike dyno tuned the tech told me it had to be blocked off otherwise he could not set the A/F properly as the pair adds extra air to the mixture. I would just like to remove it now it is accessible, it is not in use & it gives more room around the coils.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts