GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again

so in my ongoing quest to perfect my PCV tune I want to make sure I have the pair valve handled correctly.

I understand that it needs to be disabled when installing a PCV and autotune. My question is regarding weather the "marble" method is sufficient to consider the pair valve disabled. If i simply plug the hole and thus block the air supply for pair valve does that completely eliminate the air that passes through it? Do the valve doors still open? If the doors still open I can imagine a small amount of random air still getting inside.

Is there a way to keep the valve doors closed without taking the pair system out?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello again

so in my ongoing quest to perfect my PCV tune I want to make sure I have the pair valve handled correctly.

I understand that it needs to be disabled when installing a PCV and autotune. My question is regarding weather the "marble" method is sufficient to consider the pair valve disabled. If i simply plug the hole and thus block the air supply for pair valve does that completely eliminate the air that passes through it? Do the valve doors still open? If the doors still open I can imagine a small amount of random air still getting inside.

Is there a way to keep the valve doors closed without taking the pair system out?
In my opinion, the marble method is just as effective, assuming there are no leaks elsewhere in the system. I've done it that way on many suzukis and never had an issue. I used a steel ball-bearing this time around, as it was the appropriate size.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you go to eBay and search "pair smog valve eliminator" you can get just that to fool the ecu that it is still connected but it will be disconnected

·
Registered
34 Posts
My ECU was flashed and I was advised to disconnect PAIR hose, which I did, but I didn't plug it with marble or anything. Do I have to and what if I don't?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go to eBay and search "pair smog valve eliminator" you can get just that to fool the ecu that it is still connected but it will be disconnected

I actually have one of the connectors already. When the connector is attached, does it keep the valve doors closed permanently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hmm, I have not actually had one of them solenoids in my hand to see mechanically how they seal but I would have thought it would be designed to seal properly when not energised.

Reactions: JeffroGymnast

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, I have not actually had one of them solenoids in my hand to see mechanically how they seal but I would have thought it would be designed to seal properly when not energised.
Thats what I was assuming....would save the hassle of installing blockoff plates. I hate assuming things though because thats when it turns out to be the opposite for some reason you never thought to consider. I'm in the process of tuning out some deceleration pop and pretty much ruled out exhaust leak.....PCV has made a huge difference in addressing this.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thats what I was assuming....would save the hassle of installing blockoff plates. I hate assuming things though because thats when it turns out to be the opposite for some reason you never thought to consider. I'm in the process of tuning out some deceleration pop and pretty much ruled out exhaust leak.....PCV has made a huge difference in addressing this.

Here's the values I used for the deceleration and almost eliminated it and I only get the very odd pop

C
0 Posts
Can i please get more details on what this marble mod is?
I just installed Arrow headers, and am struggling, what to do with the butterfly assembly, especially since one of the cables has run inside, and refuses to come out....

I've also understood that I do not need the PCV servo eliminator, if i can do the same in the ECU flash during dyno tune.

Appreciate, your guidance on the best way out to fix it poroperly....

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Can i please get more details on what this marble mod is?
I just installed Arrow headers, and am struggling, what to do with the butterfly assembly, especially since one of the cables has run inside, and refuses to come out....

I've also understood that I do not need the PCV servo eliminator, if i can do the same in the ECU flash during dyno tune.

Appreciate, your guidance on the best way out to fix it poroperly....
The marble mod is just inserting a marble in the hose from the PAIR solenoid to the airbox to prevent air being pumped into the exhaust on deceleration, not a performance mod, just to reduce the popping on the over run,

With a flash, you can turn the error off for the exhaust valve which means you can lose the entire mechanism, saving almost another Kilogramme.

If you are having a flash, better to remove the pair valve entirely and use block off plates (more weight saving) and turn the error off in the flash again

·
Registered
694 Posts
This explains pair valve elimination and effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xMykbzJWiQ
random

pretty sure I know him and his wife. if he's here in Dayton Ohio, met him and his wife at a club. I had a alpinestar shirt on, and she came over and started chewing my ass asking if I knew what that shirt meant, etc etc.. I was... serious. then her and I ended up talking about bikes and all that jazz. She thought I was a poser and didn't even know what my shirt meant. Aggressive woman, but the guy was very nice. Told me to come to their shop Brocks perf if I ever needed parts/etc

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,598 Posts
That Brocks site is great I watched the GSXR vids with great interest.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
random

pretty sure I know him and his wife. if he's here in Dayton Ohio, met him and his wife at a club. I had a alpinestar shirt on, and she came over and started chewing my ass asking if I knew what that shirt meant, etc etc.. I was... serious. then her and I ended up talking about bikes and all that jazz. She thought I was a poser and didn't even know what my shirt meant. Aggressive woman, but the guy was very nice. Told me to come to their shop Brocks perf if I ever needed parts/etc

so whats the meaning of the shirt,,,,one thing I never do is wear shirts with crap written on then

·
Registered
694 Posts
so whats the meaning of the shirt,,,,one thing I never do is wear shirts with crap written on then

There is no meaning she was drunk. I just like alpinestars brand lol. considering I have like 3,000 in gear from them and it was a nice looking shirt I bought. she felt the need to come over and interrogate me, asking if I even knew what the sign stood for or represented. quite off-putting, tried to alpha dominate me she did.

Nice people though, wont say anything bad other than alcohol had the best of her that night. she asked initially if I even knew how to ride a motorcycle or some crap like that after I told her it was a clothing brand for cycle riders and sports.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts