GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting on my GSXS-1000 GT+, I went ahead and ordered the Service Manual hoping that it will arrive before the bike so that I can read and learn more about it.
I'm so excited to be moving to the Suzuki family...
Motorcycle: GSX-S1000/GT/GT+ (GSX-S1000QR/TQR)
2022 Service Manual
Parts Number: 99500-48K00-03E
988+ pages.
Print Quality: Digital Master (best)

Subtotal: $90.00
Shipping and Handling: $12.26
California Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $102.26

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Doesn’t the bike come with it?
Every Suzuki I ever bought always came with a little tool pouch+ manual
I ordered the service manual. I'm guessing you are talking about the owner's manual. Not the same thing. Service manual has technical information (torque settings, service procedures, wiring diagrams, etc.). This have always been separate from all the bikes I have purchased. BMW is no longer offering them starting in 2020.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,346 Posts
While waiting on my GSXS-1000 GT+, I went ahead and ordered the Service Manual hoping that it will arrive before the bike so that I can read and learn more about it.
I'm so excited to be moving to the Suzuki family...
Motorcycle: GSX-S1000/GT/GT+ (GSX-S1000QR/TQR)
2022 Service Manual
Parts Number: 99500-48K00-03E
988+ pages.
Print Quality: Digital Master (best)

Subtotal: $90.00
Shipping and Handling: $12.26
California Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $102.26
I have googled and searched Suzuki parts sites including one I have for 2022 models and no results found.
Where are you getting yours from? And what is (GSX-S1000QR/TQR) no result for that either.

Update:- got a result from megazip for 99500-48Koo-01E so have ordered it can't tell the wife what it cost though. :)
Further Update see my post #31 !

·
Registered
972 Posts
I ordered the service manual. I'm guessing you are talking about the owner's manual. Not the same thing. Service manual has technical information (torque settings, service procedures, wiring diagrams, etc.). This have always been separate from all the bikes I have purchased. BMW is no longer offering them starting in 2020.
Ah gotcha. I won’t ever need one. I don’t break them down far enough to need one

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think only if you "sell it" but if its free to distribute I dont see why it would be illegal.
id just gonna host it on a Russian server anyway. no issue

technically if you buy it, you are allowed to make back ups of it, its just you like to have your back ups on the internet where others can download it yeah? thats not illegal

·
Registered
769 Posts
Thanks for the link. I typically do not buy a shop manual as I never need it on a Suzuki. But this one I think I will buy one and hope to never need it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the link. I typically do not buy a shop manual as I never need it on a Suzuki. But this one I think I will buy one and hope to never need it.
I use it as reference (torque settings, etc.). Nice to have if you need it, versus wishing you had it. :unsure:
Not a bad price compared to the BMW DVDs that I purchased in the past. But the those were very detailed and laid out nicely. Electronic updates, etc.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts