GSXS 1000 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am getting ahead of myself but ordered the Quad Lock Wireless charger and Cable I already have the clamps and Vibration dampener. I also ordered the new waterproof 12 V USB smart Adaptor that connects directly to the wireless charging head to reduce loss of battery charge during none use.

Automotive lighting Gadget Cable Electric blue Wire
Automotive lighting Wood Font Astronomical object Electric blue

·
Registered
1989 GSX750F
37 Posts
I am getting ahead of myself but ordered the Quad Lock Wireless charger and Cable I already have the clamps and Vibration dampener. I also ordered the new waterproof 12 V USB smart Adaptor that connects directly to the wireless charging head to reduce loss of battery charge during none use.

That's all a bit techo for me. I've never had a phone mount on a bike before so I'd be shooting streets ahead of before just getting the quad lock and a charge cable. And yeh I'll be doing that on this bike. But this bike is so smooth and vibration free I doubt it'll need the vibration mount ;)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Any vibration usually wrecks a iphone camera. Best to have vibration isolation with a phone mounted on a motorcycle.

I'm a pocket totter for my iphone. I used to mount it on the bars when riding but had a iphone die from vibration. I will put it in a tank bag from time to time. I do not need to stare at a phone mounted in front of me whole point for riding a motorcycle for me is to get away from all that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's all a bit techo for me. I've never had a phone mount on a bike before so I'd be shooting streets ahead of before just getting the quad lock and a charge cable. And yeh I'll be doing that on this bike. But this bike is so smooth and vibration free I doubt it'll need the vibration mount ;)
All modern phones suffer from vibration as it affects the phone's camera hence Quadlock did research and it proved that low-frequency vibration does or can stuff the cameras. I have a vibration dampener so no added cost regardless. have a look on the Quadlock web sight to see what I mean by the above comment.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I wish Suzuki would get their act together on this. I am tired of waiting and no news but plenty of this and that online of how great a bike it is from people actually getting to ride one.

Meanwhile I believe my Tracer 900 GT is going to a new home this thursday. Guy from in state just contacted me about buying it. Crazy part about it was he is the same guy who I sold a DRZ400SM to 10 years ago. What are the odds of that happening. So I will be bike less except for the GSXR and old Katana and two scooters to run around on. My late May bike/camping trip with the guys got cancelled by a thing called a job this week. They basically told me I could only go on that vacation if I retired or up and just quit.:mad:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Roy as frustrating as it is the fact is here in Australia the first 2 allocations to dealerships were sold as soon as Suzuki announced they were taking orders way before the official release. So They have most likely had the same response all over the world. I dare say given the world parts shortages and lockdowns from that dreaded Covid that Suzuki like so many others are struggling with keeping or catching up with the demands and now they are not even excepting orders from dealerships. Plus the cases are on backorder tells me that the wait for some of us is going to be longer than expected. The poor dealers are copping it from customers, Suzuki won't tell them a lot if anything because in a lot of cases the big guys are not telling the suppliers in each country, But that's no different to any other manufacturer at the moment. Plus add in the Shipping cost being increased with fuel cost due to current wars, labour shortages etc.
My take is there will be customers that will get sick of the wait and cancel their orders so the guys in the queue will get a bike earlier than expected from that. I know BMW Motorrad are no different and even some Kawasaki bikes are in the same boat. Our dealership is just now getting some Triumphs that have been ordered 12 to 18 months ago, If you can wait then you will eventually get it but god knows how long that wait will be for so many of us.
Last of all I hope your bike does turn up very soon. The dealerships do have a app that allows them to see where the bikes are or the current status but it is limited to what the manufacturer and shipping comapnaies allow them to see.:unsure::rolleyes:(y)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks like a mess. Grateful I have my RR to ride. Might just be getting the GT next year, with the '23 model instead of a late-delivery, no pannier '22.
Mine is in the system with my boss, but he can't order the bike until Suzuki Australia announce that they will be excepting orders again and they had to have my signed contract from my boss to confirm that it is a custom bike and not a floor stock bike. Given they all are playing catch up and even though mine is due early 2023 I know that it has not gone into the Suzuki allocation yet because of the above. So my fingers are crossed that the bike will come as expected in early 2023 but who really knows until it lands on our doorstep. The bonus may be that it will be a 2023 manufactured bike, maybe not 2022 manufactured. The world has been so crazy since the Covid 19 and now adding to that the Russian war etc. is not going to help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just read a post on the Suzuki GSXS 10000 Fan base Fb page, says his GT will be delivered tmw, he lives in PA. Seemed very confident as he is close friends w the dealer and the bike is being shipped from PA warehouse.

241 - 260 of 271 Posts