GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and the mrs went to Motorcycle live @ Birmingham today and the first stall in front of me was selling Dynojet Power Commanders :laugh: after chatting with the 'man' discussing the merits of PC's, he informed me that they are now available for our bikes but they only had one unit with them mapped to our bike, as they weren't expecting vast sales for such a new model bike. After purchasing, he offered me a great deal to bring my bike to them once i've fitted the Arrow headers and end can and have a custom map ran up on their Dyno as they haven't had a GSX-s in yet, couldn't refuse...>:D>:D>:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ooh excellent!! I'm flying over to it on the last day of the show. I really hope they will have got more of them by then. It's top of my shopping list ?

·
Registered
847 Posts
So what would the PCV do for this bike if it's stock? Are there maps available?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Excellent!
You'll have too keep us informed how you get on. I think quite a few will be following this waiting for an update:)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Great Article Gixxus:nerd:

That shows quite nicely what everyone is talking about when they go on about a snatchy throtttle:)
I will have to thinkk about getting mine done, although I'm interested to see what the self mapping Bazzaz can produce as an alternative. I quite fancy the idea of building a map my self from my own riding style;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Great Article Gixxus:nerd:

That shows quite nicely what everyone is talking about when they go on about a snatchy throtttle:)
I will have to thinkk about getting mine done, although I'm interested to see what the self mapping Bazzaz can produce as an alternative. I quite fancy the idea of building a map my self from my own riding style;)
Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Half the fun with the pcv is goofing with the maps. You can buy a map switch from them, or make your own for about 2.00. The switch will allow you to keep two maps ready to go at any time.

As time goes on, people will develop maps and share them. A switch like this works as well as the one they sell for 75.00
Motorcycle ATV Bike Handlebar On OFF Kill Switch Hazard Fog Spot Light Accident

Your pcv map will be more boring than the pic I'll post. What the pcv does is allow you to select just how much fuel you need based on throttle opening and rpm. Yours wont be this exciting. The pic is from my concours 14 and as you can see, it needed much different fuel requirements than it came with from the factory.

I did not have enough room to show more than the fuel needs up to around 5000 rpm, but you get the idea.

Left side of the scale is rpm. On top, left to right, is how far I have the throttle open. Notice how it will go from being way too much fuel to not enough within just afew rpm.

Notice, too, the negative numbers. People assume new bikes run lean. Yes, at a few spots they are lean. However, notice how many cells have negative numbers that show the bike was very rich. This is why this is A real fix vs boosterplug which wont accomplish anything the machine needs.

If you go to dynojets web site, you can download the software, and their recommended map for your machine. No charge.

Even this is old, junk technology compared to reflashing, but it works really well. The reflash lets them offer so many other adjustment opportunities.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
i
Not so fast there. Here are the instructions from Dynojet... :eek:

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/20-047/install/pcv/engI20-047.01.pdf
What I meant was no wire splicing. Taking the bike apart sucks. Took me over an hour and is really sketchy. It is very easy to break or damage stuff. Separating the lower fairings is a nightmare. It took me 20 minutes before I figured out what relesse tab to pry on. Also, those upper filler pieces at the top of the fairings take some serious pulling to get off. It's scary. lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
i

What I meant was no wire splicing. Taking the bike apart sucks. Took me over an hour and is really sketchy. It is very easy to break or damage stuff. Separating the lower fairings is a nightmare. It took me 20 minutes before I figured out what relesse tab to pry on. Also, those upper filler pieces at the top of the fairings take some serious pulling to get off. It's scary. lol
Thanks, :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
847 Posts
i

I can imagine. I want to lift the tank and am dreading that. I have a SpeedoDRD I want to attach and also drop in a K&N filter. The tank cover has to come off obviously and those two side screws covered by the very rear tips of the fairing will certainly be a pain. I think if I can just loosen that part of the fairing, I can get to those screws with an allen wrench. Once the tank cover is off I think the rest should be easy... famous last words, lol

And I might as well drop a PCV in there while I have the tank up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just orderd a PC-V :)

After the winter I will first ride only with the PC-V and stock exhaust.
When i see the exhaust that i want, I will go to a dynojet centre for a personal map.

I'm still looking for a nice full exhaust, the M4 and the new yoshimura are not really what i am looking for.

·
Registered
204 Posts
most important info is does the stock map help smooth out the bike and reduce the snatch ?

I am waiting for someone to try this out as i will either 1. Do nothing 2. Get PC5 with Quick Shift 3. Get PC5 with auto tune fix exhaust bung and save for Quick shift. 4. find a great package deal and blow the budget on the whole lot

so any info you can provide would be great.

also if you have the ability to show us the standard map for our bike it might let me see what adjustments they are recommending out of the box. This would be useful as i don't think i can afford to buy it all and do the dyno right away also nearest decent tuning place is at least 4 hours drive.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts