GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don’t have one but the dealer where I bought my bike does dyno tuning with the PC5.
They said they wouldn’t let me waste my money on it unless I was installing a full exhaust and intake!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had the holeshot tuner (similar to PC5) and then I took it off and went with the ECU tune. I think both work well, but I think the ECU tune offers additional features (shutting of exhaust valve, AIS block, etc.) on top of more adjustability if you do have mods on your bike.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Many pros and cons to both, all depends what suits you.
Things not mentioned so far
Warranty, a flash will void certain parts of your Suzuki warranty.
Pcv can be removed and sold so it doesn't cost as much
Pcv can be adjusted easily at home, swap maps etc
Pcv can have the quickshifter added cheaply
A flash is ultimately better for that given setup but needs adjusting if you change something
A flash can be difficult to get someone who knows what they are doing depending where you live
A flash has far more adjustment

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nobody really answered the question... 🥴
If you're enjoying the bike and you're only looking for power gains then no, not worth it. If you're unhappy with the throttle response then yes, though a flash will be more useful as a good deal of it is the fuel cut which can only be disabled via flash.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Also, there are plenty of answers in the responses here. This is a forum and it's important that context and reason be applied when answering questions, even incredibly vague ones.
If you were looking for a yes or no answer then I'll help.
Look in your wallet, do you have enough cash to spare and buy it? If yes then go for it. Simple.

·
Registered
285 Posts
worth the money?
I'm going to do the Dano's ECU flashing.

I'm in the process of doing my decat and Dano's flash, I'm collecting all the necessary parts, I still have more than 6 months warranty. It is worth only if you achieve what you want it to do.
Do you guys know if the engine braking is affected by doing the ECU flashing? Does it stops more, less or the same?
Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts

I'm in the process of doing my decat and Dano's flash, I'm collecting all the necessary parts, I still have more than 6 months warranty. It is worth only if you achieve what you want it to do.
Do you guys know if the engine braking is affected by doing the ECU flashing? Does it stops more, less or the same?
Thanks.
People claim engine braking decreased post flash, maybe it's a Dano thing. I had my bike tuned elsewhere and noticed no tangible differences regarding engine braking after the flash.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Thanks.
Dano's flashed mine, absolutely no change to the engine braking.

·
Registered
285 Posts
People claim engine braking decreased post flash, maybe it's a Dano thing. I had my bike tuned elsewhere and noticed no tangible differences regarding engine braking after the flash.
Thanks for your answer. This is very important to me. I'll talk to Dano about it because I love the engine braking as it is now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dano's flashed mine, absolutely no change to the engine braking.
Great! I don't plan on doing any modifications at all after this one. I just want a louder noise and having a smooth throttle.
I may get the Black Widow link pipes listed on Ebay, from England, since I'll go to the trouble of removing the stock link pipes to cut the cat, may as well put a new one and save the stock in case I have a need for it or I can sell it to some one in need for it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
worth the money?
I have a 2016 F model that is stock. I added a PCV (with their GSXS1000 map) early on to help with the on/off throttle sensation which it did. In fact I have never changed the map nor have I checked the TPS voltage. In my opinion it runs great and I am very happy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The fuel cut on decel is one of the best parts of the flash. Smooths things out so much. Gone is the jerky feeling when you let off the gas. My 2016 was so bad stock that it felt like a v twin on decel, not normal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What mods are on your bike?
What mods do you plan to do to your bike?
What is your annual income, current debt, and total cash in your savings account?

With that info, we will then be able to make up your mind.
I wrote it in the question, stock bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had my ECM flashed by Danos and it made a world of difference. No more snatchy throttle and engine braking is nowhere near what it was because the fuel injectors don't shut off on decel. Throttle was a bit more responsive on the lower end of rpm spectrum as well. When he receives your ECM he will call you and go over everything with you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had my ECM flashed by Danos and it made a world of difference. No more snatchy throttle and engine braking is nowhere near what it was because the fuel injectors don't shut off on decel. Throttle was a bit more responsive on the lower end of rpm spectrum as well. When he receives your ECM he will call you and go over everything with you.
Are you stock?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts