GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the 1st things I noticed about the bike - after riding at night - was the pass light function was brighter than hi beam as it marries both high & low beams together.

however you cannot keep it on without you finger or some kind of tape / cable tie (which is stupid).

The lights on this bike are sh!te (naked variant) so worth upgrading the lamp or the changing the entire thing (which I will do cause the front end is so ugly)

last night went for a night ride only to find out that my low beam wasn't working only high beam (which drivers will love)

Being an electrician i decided to see if it could be rewired or modified & i was surprised to see the following

that spring
remove it
remount support bracket & all aspects of the light are available to click in place oif you need, i don't use the pass function & opt to gesticulate

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I get the goal, but don’t get how you did it. Can you please be more detailed specific? If we open up the housing, we will see the spring and just remove it? Please explain again. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Now your pushing twice the heat / power into that light I reckon from experience, you’ll have bigger problems if you use it enough in that manner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now your pushing twice the heat / power into that light I reckon from experience, you’ll have bigger problems if you use it enough in that manner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's useful when riding on particularly dark B-Roads at night. The option doesn't mean you have to use it all the time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get the goal, but don’t get how you did it. Can you please be more detailed specific? If we open up the housing, we will see the spring and just remove it? Please explain again. Thanks
1 undo the blue screw
2 lift the bracket
3 remover the spring
4 place the bracket back
5 put the blue screw back on & tighten

·
Registered
70 Posts
You guys realize that to have the high beam on all the time, you push the switch forward, right?

Edit, nevermind, I guess the naked is different. On the F both lights stay on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You guys realize that to have the high beam on all the time, you push the switch forward, right?

Edit, nevermind, I guess the naked is different. On the F both lights stay on.
Yes, it’s the same switch on the naked. I own 10 motorcycles, and didn’t consider/remember this. It’s the only bike I have with this setup. Mine is still stock, and I have no plans of changing it. No big deal to me.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
OP is saying it’s brighter when you pull hi beam to flash than just high beam switch on. I agree

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP is saying it’s brighter when you pull hi beam to flash than just high beam switch on. I agree
I assumed everybody knew this.

Yes, it’s the same switch on the naked. I own 10 motorcycles, and didn’t consider/remember this. It’s the only bike I have with this setup. Mine is still stock, and I have no plans of changing it. No big deal to me.
When pushing the switch out - High Beam is On & Low Beam off
When seated "normally" - Low Beam is on High Beam is off
When pulled all they way in (as if flashing) - High & Low Beam is on

I ride in country lanes as often as possible (even when I start commuting again I've decided to change my route to be B-Road bias) & in the dark the high beam isn't enough.

It's a useful manipulation for me so I thought I'd Share for others ; I'd suggest that if you don't like it don't do it 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just rode mine yesterday at night. Mine is the same flipped forward as it is in the flash position (spring loaded rearward pull). There is absolutely no difference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just rode mine yesterday at night. Mine is the same flipped forward as it is in the flash position (spring loaded rearward pull). There is absolutely no difference.
are you certain?

Are your levels correct? i had to adjust my low beam to gain more than the 5 metres it was set at from the factory.

fully pressed activates hi & low , the spring prevents it from a permanent engagement

·
Registered
274 Posts
are you certain?

Are your levels correct? i had to adjust my low beam to gain more than the 5 metres it was set at from the factory.

fully pressed activates hi & low , the spring prevents it from a permanent engagement
I am certain. My rearward pull of the trigger does the exact same thing as flipping it forward. I do not get both high and low beam together. I have adjusted mine, but am also running an LED bulb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts