GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all the perth {West Aust not Scotland} owners, I work as a volunteer at the Champions ride days in perth. Barbagallo raceway is a brilliant place to get to know your bike and really let rip . If you have never done a track day you should.You learn more about your bike in 1 day at the track than you would in a yr on the road ,and it's safer. Google champions ride days and have a think about it. If you do decide to come out there are 4 groups from race pace to novice. I ride as an on track marshall in the 2 slower groups . Introduce yourself at the sign on , I am the old guy issuing the one day recreational track licences .
Would be brilliant to get a few of us out there on the same day .

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi to all the perth {West Aust not Scotland} owners, I work as a volunteer at the Champions ride days in perth. Barbagallo raceway is a brilliant place to get to know your bike and really let rip . If you have never done a track day you should.You learn more about your bike in 1 day at the track than you would in a yr on the road ,and it's safer. Google champions ride days and have a think about it. If you do decide to come out there are 4 groups from race pace to novice. I ride as an on track marshall in the 2 slower groups . Introduce yourself at the sign on , I am the old guy issuing the one day recreational track licences .
Would be brilliant to get a few of us out there on the same day .
I've never done one, and would certainly be in the Novice group. I'll take a look at the site!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
track day

I've never done one, and would certainly be in the Novice group. I'll take a look at the site!
yesterdays novice group had 15 in it. Half of whom had never been before. By the end of the day nervous looks had turned to broad smiles . No offs and i believe no one even ran into a sand trap in that group. Unlike the faster groups,who are enjoying pushing the limits and sometimes end up in a sand trap. I've been going regularly since 1994 and am a firm believer in that even if a rider only ever comes out once , what they learn in that one day about themselves and their bike is invaluable.It would be great to see you out there and hopefully a few more Perth owners .The next dates are sat 13th and thurs 25th Feb. The week days are usually very low numbers on track week ends often sellout
PS I don't get paid to say any of this , just a bit passionate about it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts