GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hate the Phantom having black forks, I was gutted they changed to black so I bought some gold forks and swapped them!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Before photo
And now…..
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2016 GSXs 1000FA, 2014 Hayabusa
89 Posts
Did you just swap the upper tubes? If so, will you sell the black ones?

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,965 Posts
The thing I find is that the gold tends to look more like brass with time.
But I do prefer it to black.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks tidy pal, I have a phantom but I am.a black fan......u know.what would set that bike.off really well ?....
A full set of pro bolt gold bolts!!....and I know who has a full set sitting in the garage...I had them in mine I eventually got every gold bolt they did then decided to go fully black
...if u interested in them they could be yours...could me about £500 for set...but I can do u a really.good.price......also got an R11 can sitting doing nothing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks tidy pal, I have a phantom but I am.a black fan......u know.what would set that bike.off really well ?....
A full set of pro bolt gold bolts!!....and I know who has a full set sitting in the garage...I had them in mine I eventually got every gold bolt they did then decided to go fully black
...if u interested in them they could be yours...could me about £500 for set...but I can do u a really.good.price......also got an R11 can sitting doing nothing
🤣🤣 maybe down the line I need to save up for some other things first 👍🏻

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think the gold touch adds some bling to the black. Well done! Very cool! 👍

·
Registered
336 Posts
The new bars and forks look great, OP. I just bought a set of Driven SBK Euro bars, but haven't installed them yet. They should be lower and with less sweep then the OEM bars. Did you drill the new bars for the switch pegs or did you remove the pegs? I see guys doing it both ways without issue, although I'd prefer to keep the alignment pegs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The new bars and forks look great, OP. I just bought a set of Driven SBK Euro bars, but haven't installed them yet. They should be lower and with less sweep then the OEM bars. Did you drill the new bars for the switch pegs or did you remove the pegs? I see guys doing it both ways without issue, although I'd prefer to keep the alignment pegs.
I cut and filed down the pegs rather than drill my brand new handle bars 🤣 if I got the hole wrong or wanted to change the angle later I’d of been stuck, I’ve had no issue and they clamp up tightly 👍🏻

·
Registered
336 Posts
I cut and filed down the pegs rather than drill my brand new handle bars 🤣 if I got the hole wrong or wanted to change the angle later I’d of been stuck, I’ve had no issue and they clamp up tightly 👍🏻
That seems to be a common way for many who swap bars. Lol. Appreciate the reply.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts