GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think that the photo representation of the different colours is off on the models provided. I know the grey looked amazing on the literature and website but in real life was just ok. Same as the red and black looked amazing under the dealership fluorescent lights but when pushed outside looked flat. For me the Blue looked crap in the literature and the website and in photogràphs but I know in the sunshine looks amazing and I keep getting told so.

Why can't Suzuki find a scheme that looks great in all situations?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't answer your question but for me Suzuki must be Blue...
In the past I had a '01 SV650 Blue, a '07 GSXR 1000 Blue and so I choose this color for my new GSX-S.

I like also matt grey but I think it's a little bit delicate and more difficult to clean.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can't answer your question but for me Suzuki must be Blue...
In the past I had a '01 SV650 Blue, a '07 GSXR 1000 Blue and so I choose this color for my new GSX-S.

I like also matt grey but I think it's a little bit delicate and more difficult to clean.
Its more a satin than a matt. Not delicate at all. Never see swirls or anything in it. Can not even see dust on it.

I love the grey.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its more a satin than a matt. Not delicate at all. Never see swirls or anything in it. Can not even see dust on it.
Biggest question I had was what do you do with it? Can't polish it, can't respray it easily. Honestly think the worst for resale will be matt grey in the future.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Doesn't need to be polished. Its a satin. You can respray it. It has been sprayed once you get a paint code and respray it if you have to. Worst resale? It doesn't even mark.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was initially interested in the red and black, as I didn't like the blue or the grey in the photos on the Suzuki website. After I test rode the blue, I couldn't get over how good it looked in the sun, which made the decision of colour that much more difficult.

I saw a photo of the grey in the sun and it looked really good, but I was still pretty sold on the red and black. I looked at heaps of photos on the forum to compare the colours and ended up getting a blue naked. For me, the blue seemed to always look good in the member photos on the forum, but the red and black didn't always do it for me.

So to answer the initial question...I do think that the colour representation on the website is off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Talking about blue
I don't know why but the color of the bike don't match with the picture on the web and taked by myself with the camera or the phone.
In photo is always like a light blue...but when you see the bike with your own eyes the blue is more deep...amazing!!
The color in YSF METALLIC TRITON BLUE and is the same of many GSXR.

Reactions: GixxerKev

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I posted some photo of my bike here more than one guy said "**** yeah, this is the real representation of the blue color!!!" :)
So I agree with you @GixxerKev.... All the photos that I saw before buying my bike wasn't like the real.... Not good photographers around the world :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts