GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, but have read a lot of very informative posts by PhuketPaul. I haven't seen him post anything since around June of 2019. Does anyone know what happened to him? - rock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,

I guess I missed the scam part when I was going through old posts. What happened? Who got scammed? That's a shame, I learned a lot from some of his posts. When did all this drama happen? - rock

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Dave,

I guess I missed the scam part when I was going through old posts. What happened? Who got scammed? That's a shame, I learned a lot from some of his posts. When did all this drama happen? - rock
I was one of the victims. There were a few others too. We gave him the money for a custom systems (in my case) and/or various other parts and he never delivered and disappeared with the money.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dunno, IMHO we should let this thread die. PP doesn't deserve our energy. And I understand the irony of me posting this. 0:)

I'll say this - our forum is the most well-behaved, helpful, supportive, and positive I've ever been part of. I look forward to checking in every day and seeing what everyone has to contribute. Sometimes it's genuinely constructive and sometimes it's in in jest. But it's always in good spirit, and I'm lucky to be part of it. :x

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was very new in this forum when this started going sour. I found initially an amazing amount of information from his website, and also emailed a personal question to him once and he answered it...never bought anything from him.

I may not know the details, and don't want to open old wounds, but have to ask,....could it be possible something really bad happened to him forcing an unwilling departure....if you understand what am getting at???

·
Registered
430 Posts
very sad to hear... his website did have a lot of good advice on it.. but its unmaintained now and text/images dont load anymore

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, I guess this type of ripped off is very common in Forums. I remember now that I guy ripped off lots of members of the forum Head-Fi. I was lucky that I did not lose my money but others lost all their money.

This guy used to make very high end head phone amplifiers, and the deal was that he would send the amp to your house for a free in-home audition and if you did not like it you could return it and he would return your money but many members that returned those head phone amps never got their money back.

Also, many that paid for their amps never got their amps delivered. I paid $1,500 for mine but some other people paid for more expensive amps and stuff.

This is the bad thing about doing business on line. You never know for sure if you are going to get your stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts