GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The short stock windscreen, like many others, just creates turbulence (and noise). I doubt the taller one is any better -- worse maybe. Are there any after-market options out there? I don't mind a clean blast of wind on my helmet. I tend to cut down windscreens rather than go for the taller ones. For example, I ended up really liking with the short Pikes Peak windsreen on my Multistrada, the Copper Dawg sportbike-ish windscreen on my Concour 14, and I plain took the windscreen off of my KTM 390. I'm gonna try taking the stock screen off of the 1000GT to see what that is like as a baseline.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Also 5'8", also like the function of the stock windscreen. No turbulence here.
I want someone to make either the same windshield in light smoke, (literal clone) or maybe Puig can make same size, but maybe better idk. but I like Puig windscreens a lot so I am probably buying one immediately as they look nice and usually function well.

but yeah, I think the stock screen is excellent.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can tint the stock screen yourself. Spray the underside with either of these options to get a glossy tinted topside. Adjust level of tint via number of coats applied.

Removable (Plasti Dip Smoke):

Permanent (VHT Nite-Shades):

I have a can of Plasti Dip Smoke waiting to go on when I find the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts