1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Very nice, very similar to the look I'm going for. What was the fitment like?
I've found 2 carbon sellers with very similar parts.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Let me know if you want to sell your old exhaust heat shield, I've been looking for one for a possible exhaust project I have in mind. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice, very similar to the look I'm going for. What was the fitment like?
I've found 2 carbon sellers with very similar parts.
Some of it Good and some very poor, sent rear fender back and seat under tray no probs with refunds but a chew all the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very nice
Exhaust heat shield looks especially good :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Very nice! I do like the carbon look. I reckon you'd need to replace all the plastics with carbon to realise any weight saving though, eh? Has anybody weighed the stock and carbon parts to see the difference? Are they fibreglass and carbon, or just full carbon, do you know?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Very nice mate, the bike looks spotless too !

I was out on my other bike today as I haven't used it for a month and it needed a run, got plenty of CF parts on this too, not bad for very close to 8 years old eh. :)
Hey Davethesparky, is that a factory seat on your Honda? Looks comfy!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oooh.... Alcantara! I may have to have a wet weather seat and a dry weather seat now! Thanks for letting me know.

Yes mate,it's a Honda accessory, basically the same seat as standard but covered in Alcantara, it is quite comfy but no good if it rains. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I upholstered my own Alcantara seat for the CB. As Alcantara is man made, it's fine in the wet, doesn't change it's properties at all and dries very quickly. I used mine all through the winter and had no issues.

I've been thinking about doing the same to the GSX-S seat, but I'm not sure if it would suit the bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts