GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Pilot Road 5 Tires

17K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  trevor 
#1 ·
I've have these for about 1500 miles so far. They're fantastic. I've only ever ridden on the PR3s and PR5s, but man, these PR5s are great. Ready for the twisties from **** near cold.

Not even a faint flat spot yet. I've dragged my pegs a few times just on the street with these things when compared to the stock Dunlop that would start slipping not even fully leaned over. I got just a hair over 5,000 miles with stockers. I'm hoping for at least 8000 with this tire. Tons of tread. The tread pattern on the PR4s were never very attractive to me, but these look much better. That's what sold me on these compared to other Michelin's.

I got caught in a couple monsoons (literally), and these things handle wet amazingly. I was able to full throttle 1st in TC1 with only minimal intrusion. Turning was great too, no slippage.

Went with the stock tire size, 190/50. Might try the 190/55 next. Not sure yet.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case someone was on the fence in regards to these tires.

#49 ·
Hi,

I have a fair bit of experience with pilot tires. I have a BMW K1300R that I have put 90,000kms on it. Always had the pilot 4s and loved them. So I was excited when the 5s came out. I noticed no better grip and noticed no difference in the rain. And the kicker was that I only got 8000kms (5000 miles) out of them! No thanks...back to the 4s that I get 12-13,000kms out of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.