GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the large exhaust can under bike be cut off and a pipe be installed between cat. and stock outlet? and does anyone know of someone making such a pipe?:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi.

I have had my muffler box remover but kept the cat. Put on dyno to make sure no problems but not had it tuned or adjusted in any way.
The bike does feel a little lumpy at low revs and idling - is yours like this?

i have been told a power commander would help.

any response is welcome - thanks
Mine has cat and box removed, custom ecu remap to sort any fueling issues, pulls smooth in every gear from 1000rpm, couldn't wish for anything better

·
Registered
152 Posts

Just find a bike exhaust guy and ask him to make a link pipe, I paid £140, yes mine is lumpy on tickover and steady throttle, needs fuel sorting, but thats another £350 for ecu flash and dyno, or £180 for generic ecu flash

·
Registered
719 Posts
The K5 engine is very sensitive to back pressure. If you search this topic amongst the GSXR crowd you will find discussions on it. Many have solved the issue with the decibel reducer/baffle.

Before I had a chance to make a custom map for my power commander I installed the decibel reducer and it solved the rough idle at low RPM. After developing a fuel map I was able to further increase the bikes smoothness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine has cat and box removed, custom ecu remap to sort any fueling issues, pulls smooth in every gear from 1000rpm, couldn't wish for anything better
Interested to know how much louder it is with the cat & box removed.

Do you find it obnoxiously loud or are you happy with it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks a nice and tidy mod. that doesnt cost the earth. I am undecided wether to go for this or a full Black Widow setup allowing me to keep the stock Header/cat/muffler as a standby just in case?

Found this video from AsBO exhausts with a before and after. I think it sounds sweet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Has anyone tried a bolt on swap to GSXR headers, they are super cheap from breakers and could provide an easy decat and removal of the first muffler. Would also mean that the lnk pipe could be a slip on job with clamps rather than welded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts