GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run Pirelli tires? I used them on my Tuono and they felt great. I was wondering how they felt on our Suzuki

·
Registered
430 Posts
I changed to Diablo Rosso Corsa 3 tires and have been very happy with them. The change I did was to use a 190/55 rear profile. Between 40 to 110 degrees. I do Street and track days and very little rain. The grip is phenomenal for those conditions. I cannot attest to conditions outside of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
i had dunlop sport smart 2 and the back is finished at 3000 miles , i am having bridgestone s21 put on sat we shall see how they compare, i did like the dunlop but the s21 were 50 quid cheaper

·
Registered
158 Posts
S21 and Diablo Corsa III were my 2 choices in the end. I was looking for the sportiest thing with highest dry grip that was adapted for the streets, while offering decent/safe wet grip (I barely drive in the rain and would always always drive slow in the rain). Lifespan of 7-10k km is good enough for me. Any better is great, as long as dry grip is not sacrificed. $$$ was not a real factor. I went with the Pirelli, I just got them actually. So far so good, but it's too early to tell. I'm pretty happy I picked the Rosso III so far to say the truth, my first set of Pirellis. My dad kept telling he had Pirellis before and found them slippery. I hope to prove him wrong, and I think I will be able to. The only downside I can think of right now is they are pricier than most brands, including the also very good (according to reviews) S21.

Here is an interesting review of sport tires that helped me make my choice:
https://fortnine.ca/en/best-sport-and-racing-tires/

GL!

·
Registered
158 Posts
From what i understand, S21 will give you better mileage and save you a few $$ while Rosso III will give you better dry grip/handling. But the 2 appear to be up there anyway. My feeling is that I couldn't go wrong by picking either. I didn't really want the extra milage this time since I hope the replace the 2 tires simultaneously next time. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have had an Angel GT on the rear for the last 5000 miles. I really like it and will get another one when it is done. I figure it has another 1500 miles left in it or more.

As for the front I have a Diablo Rosso II. It seems to be wearing much faster than the Angel on the rear but it really feels great and gives me confidence.

I switched to Pirellis when the oem tires wore out. I was familiar with them since my other bike, Ducati Diavel, came with them from the factory. For the GsxsF I will go with Rosso III on front and Angel GT on rear when the time comes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have just fitted roadsmart II to the GSXs ( i do like these tyres ) and after killing a set of Bridgestone BT016 at the track the other day on the GSXR i have replaced them with Pirelli Angel Gt so will report back on them. Have had Pirelli diablo rosso on the fireblade in the past and once warmed up, loved them, loads of grip and confidence inspiring but crap in the wet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have just fitted roadsmart II to the GSXs ( i do like these tyres ) and after killing a set of Bridgestone BT016 at the track the other day on the GSXR i have replaced them with Pirelli Angel Gt so will report back on them. Have had Pirelli diablo rosso on the fireblade in the past and once warmed up, loved them, loads of grip and confidence inspiring but crap in the wet.
These last few weeks i've been trying to find the limits of my Pilot Road 2's and the more I try the more i'm convinced a sports touring tyre is perfect for the GSX on UK roads and climate.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ive had a set of rosso 3's ,they had been used for a track day prior to me getting them, rear was around 1/3rd worn, front near new looking, totally loved them, best thing about them was the feedback they delivered, i tend to be hard on tyres but they gave me over 3k of fun, didnt ride them in rain, only damp roads (summer time) im planning on getting a new set once our winters over, ive also had a set of mich rs's they had awesome grip but wore out very quickly, (1400km)
my bike had near new s21's when i bought it, cant say i took to them due to the vague feedback when pushing them, they had reasonable grip but i only got just over 3k before they were toast.
i just went on a 5k blat around our south island prior to my wrist surgery, put a set of roadtec o1's on, they definetly wear well, grip was reasonable, the rear had a cord break on a sharp edged bridge joint after around 3k, only tyre i could get quickly was a nankang sportiac 180/55, it took abit to run in but im fairly impressed as it had quite good grip wet or dry, ive only completed 2k on it so far , looks likely to get another 2k before replacement, the front roadtec is looking to be needing replacing around the same time so probably 7k on it.
ive got a new set of metzler7rrs to go on in spring, ive heard good things about them so looking forward to trying them, keep the shiny side up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts