GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi getting rid of my crap dunlops thinking of putting pirelli angel 11 on as i tour aswell as scratch as anyone tried them .my first post.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome Aboard:)
Haven't tried the Angels but I can vouch for the Michelin Road 5. They give some really good mileage, work excellent in the wet and have nice sticky edges for when you want to go scratching.
Cost a little more but they are the best I've found so far

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a couple of Angel GTs rear tires. I really liked them . Relatively long lasting and no slip, at least for me..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

Not Angles But Rosso 3s. Decent tire that does well in the rain. I have tried the Angel 1 on the rear with my dads Bandit 1250, sticks pretty decent and handles Ok. The S22s on my wifes Fazer8 seems to have a much better warm up time and a more linear turn in.

If you are swapping out, think about trying a 55 rear, I found it makes the bike a lot more predicable in the steering. You'll need to go up a tooth on the rear to keep the gear ratio close though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a couple k miles into Angel GTs, and really like them in terms of feel and grip. i went up to 55 (though without changing rear sprocket as iwashere1st recommends.) From experience with the guys i ride with, i can tell you neither the Angel GTs nor GT2s will last as long as Road 5s, but the Michelins cost more so its hard to tell where the best value is.

Plus i'm weird and can't stand the Road 5 tread pattern. i don't ride in the rain much and they look like snow tires to me with those giant channels!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts