GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willing to trade basically swap my 16 Blue F plastic for a naked. Show me what you got or pm me if interested.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm sorry, but I don't get the naked thing. For a mere 16 pound weight penalty you get a nose that splits the wind and a screen that keeps it off your chest with the F model. Maybe if I only rode in cities or from bar to bar or slow the naked would be fine.

I'm not saying that the naked is not a fine looking bike, but that the faired suits my riding better IMHO.

By the way I am only posting this because it's been raining for four straight days......flooded roads, etc. and I am bored as s**t.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I'm sorry, but I don't get the naked thing. For a mere 16 pound weight penalty you get a nose that splits the wind and a screen that keeps it off your chest with the F model. Maybe if I only rode in cities or from bar to bar or slow the naked would be fine.

I'm not saying that the naked is not a fine looking bike, but that the faired suits my riding better IMHO.

By the way I am only posting this because it's been raining for four straight days......flooded roads, etc. and I am bored as s**t.
well about the naked thing....i always road a naked....they call them naked,s now..but at one time they where just motorcycles...you could see the beauty of the motor in all its glory ..you could see the headlight and directional,s forks ect and the whole road ...always gave a hotrod feel.......now what they called the fair a motorcycle wrapped in cheep plastic covering most of everything i want to see......rusty ill go faster longer and more miles daily on my naked with less wind noise then any faired make believe track bike like the f.....i dont bar hop and i dont ride around town....i dont cry about if my shield is to short...............:D of course you dont get it and you probably never will

·
Registered
288 Posts
well about the naked thing....i always road a naked....they call them naked,s now..but at one time they where just motorcycles...you could see the beauty of the motor in all its glory ..you could see the headlight and directional,s forks ect and the whole road ...always gave a hotrod feel.......now what they called the fair a motorcycle wrapped in cheep plastic covering most of everything i want to see......rusty ill go faster longer and more miles daily on my naked with less wind noise then any faired make believe track bike like the f.....i dont bar hop and i dont ride around town....i dont cry about if my shield is to short...............:D of course you dont get it and you probably never will
LEAVE, I guess is should have said more specifically that I don't get the naked thing with respect to the GSXS 1000 where you can have the exact same bike in a naked or a faired version then no question I will go for the faired version every time. Hey I grew up riding nakeds (ie "motorcycles") too. And I like them. My other bike is a Diavel and that's naked (even though you cant see the engine too much).

But for getting out on a highway and ROLLING give me some wind-related comfort.

Sometimes change is good even if it is difficult for us to do.

Still raining here.
Rusty

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just purchased a faired 2017 Yamaha FJR1300, and my 08 Hayabusa. I have to get something different, but its all good will be picking up 18 gsx-s1k. Happy just the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts