GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The winter in Norway is driving me crazy! Suffering hard from PMS, and its still at least 3 month until I can take my bike outside!:( So f**k you guys who can ride all year :laugh:
Only posetiv thing is that Im allowed to have the bike in the kitchen since the bosslady wanted the garage:D

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picked mine up two weeks ago. Got 29 inches of snow the next weekend. That being said, we were on borrowed time with 50-70degree days in December,

·
Registered
189 Posts
The winter in Norway is driving me crazy! Suffering hard from PMS, and its still at least 3 month until I can take my bike outside!:( So f**k you guys who can ride all year :laugh:
Only posetiv thing is that Im allowed to have the bike in the kitchen since the bosslady wanted the garage:D
Yeah, but I'll bet you have one seriously tricked-out snow machine. People don't know what a snow machine is where I live. So admit it.....you ride all year long but you just straddle something with a track for part of the year and something with two wheels for the rest of the year.
:)
I've been on a snowmobile twice in my life and it was a blast, so I'm envious.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Almost the same winter just a little to the east in Sweden. My comfort is that the gixxus is getting a PCV and a custommade map this week. Then I also have a DR650 I can play with. Though biking is not fun even for us vikings when it's around -20C.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha, I do have an old, not so tricked out one. The thing in Norway is that its ridiculous strick laws about snowmobiles. Its not allowed to ride them anywhere but closed circuts. If your caught in nature the police will confiscate the snowmobile. So I can only use it at the farm I`m from, and thats like meeh..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hahaha, I do have an old, not so tricked out one. The thing in Norway is that its ridiculous strick laws about snowmobiles. Its not allowed to ride them anywhere but closed circuts. If your caught in nature the police will confiscate the snowmobile. So I can only use it at the farm I`m from, and thats like meeh..
That's a bummer. Just too many regulations in the world today.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's why I can't wait to win the lottery, buy some massive property to mess around with ATV's and SxS's when it's warm out, when winter rolls around, break out the snowmobile, or even ATV/SxS with a tracks system :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
We once had snow here in Perth & people went to the top of the multi story office buildings to see it, but it melted as soon as it reached the tenth floor.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was on a snowmobile in Finland over xmas, too much fun!!! Although I quickly learnt you ride it like a jet ski throttle on in the corners coz if you dont the ski digs in on the front and you find yourself in waist deep snow trying to get a snowmobile the right way up :))

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pms

Good to see there is some common countrymen in this forum :)
The PMS is a hitting me strong in the west as well! Just bought my naked this fall, can't wait to start using it! Only had a 10min testdrive when i got it from the dealer in Oslo! But it's nice to have the pms period to empty ebay for new parts :D

Jan

·
Registered
865 Posts
I feel for you guys. 78F/25C here in north Texas today. In fact sunny and warm ll weekend and until Tuesday here. Bike are out everywhere! Hang in there guys!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am also in Norway and i have the same situation My bike is in the garage and it is at least 2 months before the weather will warm up enough to ride :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts