GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one not sure to use normal bike polish for metallic paint or the special type for matt paint as both appear in the colour title. Paint looks matt but feel metallic can anyone advise. Thanks 馃憤

Registered
I don't know about the GSXS specifically, but in general, matte finishes look that way because of the clear coat. If you polish in the same way you would a gloss finish, you'll get a glossy result. If you want your matte finish to look it's best, you should be using products designed for matte (sounds obvious, but I didn't know this for a while). I like Dr. Beasley, but there are certainly others.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the GSXS specifically, but in general, matte finishes look that way because of the clear coat. If you polish in the same way you would a gloss finish, you'll get a glossy result. If you want your matte finish to look it's best, you should be using products designed for matte (sounds obvious, but I didn't know this for a while). I like Dr. Beasley, but there are certainly others.

Thanks for that just dont want to apply wrong polish as both Metallic and Matt appear in the description for the paint type that's what through me a bit馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that David will invest in those products try and keep the bike pristine as your one there馃憤

1 - 9 of 9 Posts