GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed one of these units on their GSX S1000 yet and if so how did it affect the bike? HP? Throttle Response? Smoother throttle at low acceleration?

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is a video showing how to install the module, and they show the dyno results with the module installed------140HP. =(

Seem like they would have a better tune on the engine to produce more power than stock.

Why spend $500+ dollars to have the bike produce less power than stock? Or am I missing something?

You would think, the video would show a gain of at least 25 HP. Guessing their module cannot make more power than the stock computer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well there are some differences between dyno numbers depending on how they are calibrated. But truth is the big help from the PC if you don't have free flowing pipes and airbox, would be to iron out the power surges and smooth out the throttle. May not see peak power go up, but a better spread of power through the rev range.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bump.
Anyone tried one yet with the stock map and no dyno tune?
i have a pc5 fitted it ran a stock map on base settings pre set up and tune on the dyno to get target figures according to the dyno guy it made no difference to the power unsure on the running
but to be honest you may as well get the best you can from it with a proper set up you will be amazed

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm just hoping to smooth out the throttle and improve the afr, initially.
The stock map provided by dynojet seems to do this as per this article
Suzuki GSX-S1000 F Power Commander | Superbike Magazine
Dyno time will happen later, I'll probably wait until I find an exhaust I like.
I've spent a lot on this bike since buying it and have the wife looking over my shoulder so it's one thing at a time at the moment. Of course once I actually have the power commander.......>:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm waiting to instal it in a few week.
I decide for PC5 for quick shifter feature.
With PC5 I will fit DNA filter and then a dyno run to set up the bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine arrived today, excellent price and very fast delivery from motomummy.com too. Going to install with the standard map which is available for download and get it in for a dyno set up early in January. Looks like blocking off the pair valve needs to be done in order to get the correct AFR on the dyno but that seems like a simple task - provided I can find a marble of course!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Mine arrived today, excellent price and very fast delivery from motomummy.com too. Going to install with the standard map which is available for download and get it in for a dyno set up early in January. Looks like blocking off the pair valve needs to be done in order to get the correct AFR on the dyno but that seems like a simple task - provided I can find a marble of course!
The dyno operator will simply clamp the hose while he tunes it so no need to worry about it as they do it all the time.

Besure to let us know what difference it makes with both the standard map and dyno map as i would be interested to hear the results

·
Registered
239 Posts
Spoke to the guys at dynojet at the NEC show and they said that they had seen more gsxs owners than any other bike!!!
They assured me that straight out of the box the pcv would make a big difference to the fueling problems .
Just have to save up now as already over spent at the show.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Spoke to the guys at dynojet at the NEC show and they said that they had seen more gsxs owners than any other bike!!!
They assured me that straight out of the box the pcv would make a big difference to the fueling problems .
Just have to save up now as already over spent at the show.
How much are they? Theres about 12 billion options on their website. :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much are they? Theres about 12 billion options on their website. :p
I bought one from the NEC show yesterday, as it was the last day of the show and late on in the day, I got it for £275 ...they are posting it out as they had none left on the stand. Product code i have on my receipt is 20-047 and it was Power Powertech who were selling them on behalf of Dynojet, really helpful guys!! Dynojet guy said that you can get it with the map on it for a stock bike and if you decide to change the exhaust system it's simple to download a new map for that and the download will be free. Apparently it's simple to fit yourself as it's all plug and play and as long as you can read instructions you can't go wrong. Just impatiently waiting on it to be delivered now :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's not so simple as that, you need to remove all the fairings & seats to raise the fuel tank. Then you need tiny hands with a grip of steel to disconnect the plugs at the injectors. The TPS is well hidden but you'll find it. Once you have that end connected it's easy to mount the control unit under the pillion seat. I put mine inside a stubbie holder which insulates it from from any vibration, this is also useful if you find yourself with a cold beer & you've forgotten your holder. Anyway good luck, I'm sure you'll have no worries.

·
Registered
974 Posts
OK so i understand how the power commander works and i am far from an expert and i have only had one that i played around with on my GSX1400 but looking at the stock map for this bike honestly i could not see how this map could fix the throttle response issue, there is minimal fuel variations at the lower revs and throttle positions and the map seems to be all over the place as it increases and decreases where it should be looking a bit more linear and with some sort of pattern i would have thought.
At 3000 rpm @ 20% throttle its OK then all of a sudden at 3250 rpm to 4250 rpm it needs 7% more fuel then 4500 it goes straight back to -3%, i could not imagine this smoothing out anything.
Please correct me if i am reading this wrong and i will be interested to see how you guys go with another dyno tuned map but its hard to see this map smoothing out anything.
I have attached the map so you can see what i am talking about.
I hope that it does work though and if so in the future i will go one myself if it works but i am actually getting used to it now and enjoying it except when i see a bump in the road approaching and i have to hold on tight :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 88 Posts