GSXS 1000 Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
@suzukiguy. For some weird reason in the USA Suzuki named the 2015 model a "2016" one. So Dynojet are talking about the same bike.
Just downloaded the USA -001 map and it is still the same as the one I got in 2015.
The thing is the UK -501 map came out after Suzuki modified the ECU to cure the "surging problem".
I still have the original ECU that the -001 map was created on so maybe that's why it works for me. It's a shame Dynojet didn't give a reason for removing the -001.
Oh ok. That's fair enough. My bike is a September 2016 build so I'm assuming it has the latest ECU because I've never had any issue with surging at all. Only issue I ever had was an abrupt on/off throttle transition which I sorted by adjusting the primary TPS.

So I'm guessing if I have the latest ECU I would be better off running the UK map?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know what is available to download from Dynojet in AUS, but here is a link to my original M20- 047-001 map.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_csj1YfBl-qV211ZWd3REpKSUk
I assume you have the -501 from UK, as to which is better ????.
There is no Dynojet in AUS. Lol. Unfortunatley, due to our low population we're not even worth making a map for. Lmao..... there's not even a dynojet aus website.

My PC came pre-loaded with the -001 US map but I was thinking of giving the UK map a try since it seems to be an updated version for the latest ECU. Might just give it a go and see what happens :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
They are both plug and maps.
Try them both and see what works best.
Normally, if you go for a custom map for the road the tuner will spend a lot of time on the 2-10% throttle setting as this is where you spend most of your time when you are on the highways. I would be tempted to try it even if you are not in the UK. As long as you have a copy of your original map it will only take five minutes to put it back if you don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It's interesting to note the USA -001 map has no entries in the 5% throttle column, but the UK -001 & -501 do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone tried both the US maps and the UK maps on a stock bike? I'm going to get a PCV but don't have a PC so will need to have the best map installed when I get it and would rather not have to pay for a reloaded map.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an awesome map for stock and stock plus k and n. It’s for PCV and need to upload it to you guys. Can someone tell me how?
Tom S

I can’t even post my email on here

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cauuse of tire wear on chassis dynos.

Hi LuckyGS

Yep, don't put your bike on a dyno with new tyres, they won't be when you're finished.

They look like I've never been around a corner and half worn out. It got really sticky.

The price you pay for being fussy.

Cheers

Yoshcbx6

Hi,

Tire wear on a street bike with a modern tire is due to tire slippage during a run. A non-slipping tire will be shiny, very sticky and show little dimensional wear.
Knurled drive rollers act as a cheese grater when they are fresh and like a smooth roller when the sharp edges wear non-sharp.

Marc Salvisberg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

Tire wear on a street bike with a modern tire is due to tire slippage during a run. A non-slipping tire will be shiny, very sticky and show little dimensional wear.
Knurled drive rollers act as a cheese grater when they are fresh and like a smooth roller when the sharp edges wear non-sharp.

Marc Salvisberg
The question I'm asking is why on earth would you need to do 44 runs with a bike to get the mapping sorted (which was what the guy quoted at the start of this thread).

I've tested 1,987 bikes on my dyno, some of them with repeated runs at different throttle openings. You can get all the information you need from may be 2 or 3 runs and some load testing at cruising speeds.

Alternatively, install the DynoJet PCV with the Autotune and the POD-200 and have a dyno installed ON your bike. Much better in the long run if you are going to change any components, or the weather changes or the altitude changes or your riding style changes or ...

Greetings

Richard

181 - 191 of 191 Posts