GSXS 1000 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, that's the one.

JHS Racing did not recommend anything, I just ordered the Power Commander and asked them to install it and install the Custom Map. I did not ask them anything about which was better - the re-flash or PC V.

I just figured that the Power Commander can be removed and everything goes back to how it was. Also read somewhere that the PC V route is better for the fuelling issues.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes, that's the one.

JHS Racing did not recommend anything, I just ordered the Power Commander and asked them to install it and install the Custom Map. I did not ask them anything about which was better - the re-flash or PC V.

I just figured that the Power Commander can be removed and everything goes back to how it was. Also read somewhere that the PC V route is better for the fuelling issues.

Pcv is better only when combined with the auto tune since it’ll update and create a map on the fly. Reflash has more control but its static. Your map is fixed without an auto tune . Altitude differences, temperature, even fuel brands matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I ordered one for my 2017 (2018). However, i cancelled it. I couldn't justify possibly voiding my warranty...
Get the ecu flash its about the same price and offers better gains than a power commander as the flash removes engine restrictions and the pcV does not, and no one can tell as there arnt lots of wires :)
Also, you must have a decat or different headers, the fuelling will mess with the cat if you get it tuned with just a full standard exhaust.
I got 142/152bhp with just a decat and standard end can with a woolwich flash

Reactions: Simon W

·
Registered
152 Posts
It wont be to long before its out Woolwich are pretty quick

·
Registered
152 Posts
2017-2018 GSX-S 1000 Stock Bin File Definitions
products / suzuki / gsx-s-1000 / 2017
2017-2018 GSX-S 1000 Stock Bin File Definitions
Purchase this item to gain access in the Woolich Racing Tuned software to the bin file definitions for the 2017-2018 GSX-S 1000

£77.00

Submit

Features available for Suzuki GSX-S 1000 2017-2018
IAP Fuel Maps
TPS Fuel Maps
Ignition Timing Maps
Ignition Dwell Maps
Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
QuickShifter (requires Race Tools)
Launch Control (requires Race Tools)
Pit Lane Limiter (requires Race Tools)
Race Shift Pattern (requires Race Tools)
Fuel Trim Maps
Adjust RPM Limiters
Adjust Fan Temperature
Exhaust Valve Opening Maps
Disable Stock O2 Sensor
Disable Fuel Cut
Disable PAIR Valve
Disable Exhaust Valve
Real Time Engine Data
Diagnostics: Read and Clear Fault Codes

Reactions: bking1441

·
Registered
144 Posts
If Dale Walker makes 175 dyno runs and get in the 150s hp range...id bet the house that any higher number then his is bull xhit
not sure i completely agree since as far as I know, he did his thing at about 4400 ft above sea level. The math suggests this could impact by as much as, if not more than 10% in this case.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
not sure i completely agree since as far as I know, he did his thing at about 4400 ft above sea level. The math suggests this could impact by as much as, if not more than 10% in this case.

Thoughts?
Air pressure is 15% less at 4,400 ft, thus maybe 15% less power if the tuning is correct!

This also means that if he tunes his bikes for the correct AFR at this altitude then the bikes will be running lean at sea level with 15% more airflow at over 10% throttle using the TPS maps

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Dale talks about if tuning his bike was closer to sea level and cooler,,,forgot the number he said but i agree it would be highers as high as high as some think

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have started a fresh thread Post your Dyno Curves and Mods here. the aim of which should be self evident ;)

Can you please contribute any dyno sheets together with a list of mods and any other info you consider pertinent.

Thanks

Si

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
uk map

Can someone help me understand why Dynojets map for stock bike for the uk is so different compared to USA? Also, why do they alter the table in ranges that are supposed to be in that "closed loop area" that shouldn't have an impact any way?

And why, on the USA and UK maps for stock do they subtract where you would think they would add where it is lean?

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
UK has different fuel, different geography and climate....all this will affect what is supposed to be an ideal MAP. adding fuel in those lower RPM areas will indeed add/subract fuel. thats what the 02 eliminator is for...keeps it open loop.(that my understanding) I did this to tune my idle and lower RPMs and can attest that there are changes happening
A purpose of a map is also to create smooth transitions between different cells....the adding/subtracting of fuel on the dynojet map is relative to the ECU map. The ecu map is what your trying to smooth out and UK bikes may have a different MAP in their ECU.

·
Registered
144 Posts
UK has different fuel, different geography and climate....all this will affect what is supposed to be an ideal MAP. adding fuel in those lower RPM areas will indeed add/subract fuel. thats what the 02 eliminator is for...keeps it open loop.(that my understanding) I did this to tune my idle and lower RPMs and can attest that there are changes happening
A purpose of a map is also to create smooth transitions between different cells....the adding/subtracting of fuel on the dynojet map is relative to the ECU map. The ecu map is what your trying to smooth out and UK bikes may have a different MAP in their ECU.
thanks for the response dq.

obviously, the UK climate is, at times, different than some parts of the USA, during certain times of the year. So I personally don't see that being an accurate way of mapping since there are certainly parts of the USA during parts of the year where the climate isn't that different if at all.

If it is a fuel thing, I would expect them to at least comment on a specific map being more suitable for types of fuel. If, it is based on the use of an 02 eliminator, or not, I would also expect they would provide guidance on that as well.

so the above assumptions are worth considering but clearly more info could be provided by dynojet in my opinion.

What is really confusing is why they remove fuel on the stock maps at throttle %'s and rpm's for all stock gsxs's in places where it is well documented to be lean.

in the end i guess it is my expectations that are off.

Maybe it is a "placebo effect" but the bike is a beast stock using the stock PCV map- Not that it wasnt before, but from like 6k to 10k rpms, it definitely feels leaner and meaner. :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
thanks for the response dq.

obviously, the UK climate is, at times, different than some parts of the USA, during certain times of the year. So I personally don't see that being an accurate way of mapping since there are certainly parts of the USA during parts of the year where the climate isn't that different if at all.

If it is a fuel thing, I would expect them to at least comment on a specific map being more suitable for types of fuel. If, it is based on the use of an 02 eliminator, or not, I would also expect they would provide guidance on that as well.

so the above assumptions are worth considering but clearly more info could be provided by dynojet in my opinion.

What is really confusing is why they remove fuel on the stock maps at throttle %'s and rpm's for all stock gsxs's in places where it is well documented to be lean.

in the end i guess it is my expectations that are off.

Maybe it is a "placebo effect" but the bike is a beast stock using the stock PCV map- Not that it wasnt before, but from like 6k to 10k rpms, it definitely feels leaner and meaner. :)
geography affects map because if you have a region that bikes are being sold for, the ideal map for that region will be affected by things like lattitude and height above sea level. The ideal map for england will be different than the one for florida, even on the same bike. I would buy the argument that the ideal AFR table should not be affected by geography. I found the bike to be extremely sensitive to temperature changes in the weather, especially after installing the power commander with autotune.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Can someone help me understand why Dynojets map for stock bike for the uk is so different compared to USA? Also, why do they alter the table in ranges that are supposed to be in that "closed loop area" that shouldn't have an impact any way?

And why, on the USA and UK maps for stock do they subtract where you would think they would add where it is lean?

:)
Just to add to the confusion why is the stock UK map (M20-047-001 not available now) supplied with my PCV (2015 model) so different from the current stock UK map (M20-047-501).
The -501 looks a lot leaner but uses much more fuel and has a noticeable flat spot around 6000rpm. :(
I've been banging this drum for a long time but have never had much feedback.
I am very happy with the -001 map.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just to add to the confusion why is the stock UK map (M20-047-001 not available now) supplied with my PCV (2015 model) so different from the current stock UK map (M20-047-501).
The -501 looks a lot leaner but uses much more fuel and has a noticeable flat spot around 6000rpm. :(
I've been banging this drum for a long time but have never had much feedback.
I am very happy with the -001 map.:)
The M20-047-001 map is still available on the US power commander site. I'm guessing it's the original map and the UK version is an updated one? Although when you download them, the UK on says it was done on a 2015 model, and the US says a 2016 model. Due to the updated ECU in Feb 2016, how would you know which one to use when you don't know which ECU they were mapped on?

As for climate/temperature etc.... I thought all dyno runs had to be performed in a controlled environment when mapping? eg, ambient temperature? Every dyno run I've ever had in the past they have taken my bike into a temp controlled room and closed the doors.

The other variable would be the primary TPS. Were these maps done on bikes where the TPS was in the wrong position? The US map has no adjustments made below 10% throttle whereas the UK version has adjustments from 2% throttle. Does this mean the US version had the TPS in the wrong position and the fuel injectors weren't turning on until 10% ??? or is it just pointless making any changes below 10% because they make no difference?

I completely understand now why people pay the money for a custom map/autotune. There's just too many variables when it comes to downloaded maps.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
@suzukiguy.
The M20-047-001 map is still available on the US power commander site. I'm guessing it's the original map and the UK version is an updated one? Although when you download them, the UK on says it was done on a 2015 model, and the US says a 2016 model. Due to the updated ECU in Feb 2016, how would you know which one to use when you don't know which ECU they were mapped on?
For some weird reason in the USA Suzuki named the 2015 model a "2016" one. So Dynojet are talking about the same bike.
Just downloaded the USA -001 map and it is still the same as the one I got in 2015.
The thing is the UK -501 map came out after Suzuki modified the ECU to cure the "surging problem".
I still have the original ECU that the -001 map was created on so maybe that's why it works for me. It's a shame Dynojet didn't give a reason for removing the -001.

161 - 180 of 193 Posts