Discussion Starter #1
Well despite much wranglings from the missus, insinuating that
my new girlfriend (the gsxs) got more attention than her!!! I managed
today to fit the power commander, took me a few hours and I must
admit the lower fairings on the F are a bitch to get off due to the bottom
clips being bloody strong.

Anyway, I have been for a ride to westbay and back along the coast road
and it is super smooth now and pulls better in the low to midrange and
there appears to be no dip between 7.5k to 8.5k just comes on real strong.

My bike now has 1050 miles on the clock and is standard apart from the pcV
I would heartily recommend fitting one, makes the bike much nicer to ride.

I have also wound the rear preload down to position 2 and she does not bounce
me out of the saddle anymore!! (i am 105kg in my gear).

Very happy chappy :D:laugh:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wolverine495, A local shop told me if I do this to make sure and add the "Autotune" feature. Did you do that, and did you notice any loss of mileage (I kinda of need the range out here)?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just fitted mine too and have to agree it's smoother. No sudden surge anymore just pulls like a linear train. I have noticed the computer seems to think I will get 9 more miles per tank than I did. I don't have auto tune and believe it's better to disable the pair valve if you go down the auto tune route.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well despite much wranglings from the missus, insinuating that
my new girlfriend (the gsxs) got more attention than her!!! I managed
today to fit the power commander, took me a few hours and I must
admit the lower fairings on the F are a bitch to get off due to the bottom
clips being bloody strong.

Anyway, I have been for a ride to westbay and back along the coast road
and it is super smooth now and pulls better in the low to midrange and
there appears to be no dip between 7.5k to 8.5k just comes on real strong.

My bike now has 1050 miles on the clock and is standard apart from the pcV
I would heartily recommend fitting one, makes the bike much nicer to ride.

I have also wound the rear preload down to position 2 and she does not bounce
me out of the saddle anymore!! (i am 105kg in my gear).

Very happy chappy :D:laugh:

Congrads on the PCV5. What tune are you using?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with the OP regarding the PCV. My bike is definately smoother and has more low/mid power than before. My bike had no throttle issue without the PCV imo and was the the same as my last two bikes (R1 and ZX10R) as standard. With the PCV it is markedly better than those previous bikes in this regard.
I don't doubt that some have had issues with their bikes, but if you go looking for something you sure as **** will find it. I have seen one particular YouTube video complaining of snatchy throttle response posted by someone just off a restricted licence whose previous bike was a Ninja 300!! Really?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I took mine to Bob Scott Bikes in Glenrothes and he noticed a few bits where bike was lean, so instead of a full re-map he just tweeked the map already on the PCv and its even better now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
map

hi all,

I am using the stock map that came installed on the power commander, I have not gone down the autotune route, I am thinking about it and yes you have to disable the pair valve if you do this, as the extra injected air will give you false
readings on the true air fuel ratio, you have to do this on my honda cbf1000
as well, I am currently having the headers for the cbf decatted, I have seen a video where a german chap got 115 bhp at the rear on one of these at 8400 by using this method, a very healthy jump!! from 92 to 95, obviously with decent
cans on the back.

I have also adjusted my suspension thus, Front preload 2mm wound in from full out (measure 8.5mm high with a digital vernier), 5 clicks out front rebound, 5 clicks out front compression and rear on position 2 with rebound 1/2 turn out from full in.

JUst going to ride the coast road at 5.30am glorious dorset morning!!!:D:D
will let you know how she feels.

·
Registered
724 Posts
hi all,

I am using the stock map that came installed on the power commander, I have not gone down the autotune route, I am thinking about it and yes you have to disable the pair valve if you do this, as the extra injected air will give you false
readings on the true air fuel ratio, you have to do this on my honda cbf1000
as well, I am currently having the headers for the cbf decatted, I have seen a video where a german chap got 115 bhp at the rear on one of these at 8400 by using this method, a very healthy jump!! from 92 to 95, obviously with decent
cans on the back.

I have also adjusted my suspension thus, Front preload 2mm wound in from full out (measure 8.5mm high with a digital vernier), 5 clicks out front rebound, 5 clicks out front compression and rear on position 2 with rebound 1/2 turn out from full in.

JUst going to ride the coast road at 5.30am glorious dorset morning!!!:D:D
will let you know how she feels.
How many rings do you have showing on your front preload...? :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Have gone a head and fitted my PowerCommander 5 with the help of my son... bike not had it's first service yet but can't put up with the crappy throttle action... Will report back when the poxy rain stops...!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have gone a head and fitted my PowerCommander 5 with the help of my son... bike not had it's first service yet but can't put up with the crappy throttle action... Will report back when the poxy rain stops...!!
Looking forward to your review of the PC5 Tony

·
Registered
539 Posts
Adjust out the throttle cable free play too tonyt
Makes a pretty big difference, mine's still touchy, but not unmanageable. Still takes some getting used to, I've actually changed my braking fingers to middle and ring, keeping the index wrapped around gives me a little more control, just enough I can shift smoothly through slow acceleration at low speeds.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The new M4 exhaust I installed (full system) made a huge difference. It's like a new bike and that hideous muffler box and exhaust valve is gone.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts