GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Does anyone have stock though?

I tried to buy one in the U.S. a few weeks ago but the shop came back to me and told me they weren't available from his supplier.

I think DynoJet have just given it a part number in readiness for its release.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does anyone have stock though?

I tried to buy one in the U.S. a few weeks ago but the shop came back to me and told me they weren't available from his supplier.

I think DynoJet have just given it a part number in readiness for its release.
Just been told they should be here in less than 2 weeks

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was told today by a U.S. supplier that they are on back order until the 29th September.

·
Registered
845 Posts
here is a link to someone installing it. Only interesting if you are a bit of geek. I am so there you go :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVy7-WV1_ag
Seems like a straight forward installation but what is the benefit? 141hp/75lbs on the dyno. I'm not sure I like the fact that it takes the bikes oxygen sensors out of the mix. I probably need to read up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Seem like they would have a better tune on the engine to produce more power than stock.

Why send $500+ dollars to have the bike produce less power than stock? Or am I missing something?

You would think, the video would show a gain of at least 25 HP.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quick question. Might sound silly, but.... Since the Power Commander comes loaded with the fuel map for the GSXS 1000 as I understand, I assume one has to get the specific PCV loaded with the map for our bike and not any PCV. So, in other words different PCV's are loaded with different fuel maps for different bikes. Is that correct?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quick question. Might sound silly, but.... Since the Power Commander comes loaded with the fuel map for the GSXS 1000 as I understand, I assume one has to get the specific PCV loaded with the map for our bike and not any PCV. So, in other words different PCV's are loaded with different fuel maps for different bikes. Is that correct?
Yes. The wiring loom is naturally different between most bikes, and the pre-loaded map is different. Once the bike has been on the market for a while, you'll see various maps appear for download on their website. If your bike is stock, the stock map will be fine. If you've modified inlet, exhaust or both (or engine internals), then a custom map built by an authorised tuner is the way to go (preferably on a closed-loop dynojet system).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I purchased my PCV from Fuel Moto in the US and they preloaded it with the GSX S1000 map for a stock bike. If you have a PCV without the correct map for the GSXS you can download the map from DynoJet or Fuel Moto. The PCV will hold two maps and you can switch between the two via a simple open/closed switch. As stated in a previous post, more maps will probably become available in the future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts