GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the GSXS F version and recently got my bike installed with a Power Commander with a custom map. I have not replaced the standard exhaust as my aim was to smooth my ride out.

I must say the bike is now running really well and very smooth especially around the 30mph mark.

Only issue so far. My MPG went from 52mpg to around 42mpg. Which is a huge drop and I now have to fill up every day because of the milage a do every day apart from every second day. :crying:

smooth and thirst

In the image the red line is the new line.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
would be interesting for you to load the stock dynojet map that comes pre-loaded in the unit and run it along side your custom map using a switch to swap between the two and see if you notice any difference in smoothness and mpg per tank. I'm running the stock map with no mods and there doesn't seem to be much difference in mpg but it definitely runs and pulls smoother.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mileage isn't a huge concern for me but the the new tune is a tad underwhelming imo, you still have a dip in power right in the middle of the rev range, that is going to be my primary reason for a PC and tune. These bikes feel promising right when the throttle is cracked open only to be let down right in the mid range, then of course she runs like a banshee on top.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi,

I have the GSXS F version and recently got my bike installed with a Power Commander with a custom map. I have not replaced the standard exhaust as my aim was to smooth my ride out.

I must say the bike is now running really well and very smooth especially around the 30mph mark.

Only issue so far. My MPG went from 52mpg to around 42mpg. Which is a huge drop and I now have to fill up every day because of the milage a do every day apart from every second day. :crying:

smooth and thirst

In the image the red line is the new line.
You mention a "custom map" in your post. Do you mean that your bike was put on a dyno and a map was created for your bike at your location? If so, are you willing to share the map? A thread was created recently to serve as a repository for PCV maps but none have been added the last time I checked the thread.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Interesting thread and good information by thread starter.
Was the "usual" procedure with use of an O2-"eliminator" followed when the PCV was installed?
If yes, I think this may explain the "bad" effect on milage.

For some this is a acceptable tradeoff for getting a more smooth ride/more power in the area where the stock ECU gives (very) good milage/"snatchy" throttle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm glad I was patient enough not to get a Power Commander. I'm at 3,700 miles and my bike is one of the smoothest bikes I've owned, and that's with a full exhaust. It took time for the bike to break in and the computer to learn. Except for the Harley, of course. That was smoother because when I twist the throttle nothing happens. It was so slow the engine didn't have enough power to jerk the bike forward or back. I have to say that my 1990s 600 class bikes were the jerkiest. It was nearly impossible to ride in first gear.

·
Registered
305 Posts
just orderd a pcv dynojet quikshifter and dyno time to make a custom map
11000 Nok, for evrything with the worke
Velkommen til Mc Dyno any of you fellow vikings used this guy before?
This is only relevant for Norwegian members I guess :)

I see that this guy is one of the "oldtimers" in the tuning business.
Expert on V-Max, but he has obviously updated himself during the years.
Can absolutely recommend him.
He has been located at Skytta and Askim before and have a very good reputation AFAIK.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I heard about this Guy when he was in Askim. Couple of guys in the club got their bikes done with him and were very happy. Let me know how it goes as i might go pay him a visit later on this year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
update
i been to mc dyno today got a pcv quikshift he also fitted a cabel for charge the battery can use it to charge phone gps to.
it totaly transformd the bike very smood low in the revs even at idle u can hear the difrence..
and i love qshift no good for my drivers licence;)
all inn all verry pleasd with the resault.
i will try upload the dyno sheet when i get it on email
i payd 12300nok with parts worke custem map and battery charger
increase abouth 5hp 147 if i rember right.
next on my list full exausht m4 i think like the look of the short silencer.
sorry for my ****ty english hope evryone understand.
Erik.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have just purchased a PCV and am hoping to get it installed over the weekend, as i could not find the thread from a while ago where we discovered that the downloaded map from dyno jet was different to the map being supplied on some or most units i just noticed the map in my unit is the same as the one available for download which looks like it does bugger all so i was wondering if someone could post the map that come with their unit.

Here's a capture of the one that come with mine that does nothing in the lower revs area at all

I will get a dyno in a few weeks but just wanted the good map for now to play with.

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is a map i have been working on. Would like feed back on it. I have tuned up to about 8000 rpm. It seems very responsive on my bike. TPS must be dealer set to work properly. Bike is stock.

Sorry old map, will try to repost.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Here is a map i have been working on. Would like feed back on it. I have tuned up to about 8000 rpm. It seems very responsive on my bike. TPS must be dealer set to work properly.
Cheers mate ill check it out for sure.
All good with the TPS as my dealer set it last week with the suzuki diagnostcs tool so it should be spot on.
Is that map created from an autotune? , it already looks better than the original as it add a bit more fuel at lower revs, also is your bike stock.
I'm hoping to get it installed over the weekend but being on call for work anything can happen and if early enough i'll give it a run other wise it may be later next week.
cheers

·
Registered
974 Posts
Can I ask where you bought yours from and the price, nicka?
I got mine locally as a good friend who i ride with most weekends owns a motorcycle shop here(Not a Suzuki dealer)and i paid $522 for it which i think is a good price, well either its a mates rate or he ripped me :)
He ordered it from Serco on Wednesday arvo and had it here in Country Victoria on Thursday from Brisbane, Not bad i thought.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got mine locally as a good friend who i ride with most weekends owns a motorcycle shop here(Not a Suzuki dealer)and i paid $522 for it which i think is a good price, well either its a mates rate or he ripped me :)
He ordered it from Serco on Wednesday arvo and had it here in Country Victoria on Thursday from Brisbane, Not bad i thought.

Thanks, I appreciate you letting me know. I think that's pretty fair.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts