GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little surprised that I haven't brought the front tire off of the ground yet. My FZ07 used to bring the front tire up all of the time with 1/2 of the horsepower. Am I just not cranking the throttle open quickly enough? What rpm do you typically see the front lift in 1st and 2nd?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ive seen it pop up as low as 3k rpm pulling away from lights Just have to snap the throttle off then on. I'm not much of a wheelie guy but this bike comes up pretty easily. Around the 7-9k also will lift in first and second just with wide open throttle. Just depends on the rider position I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
150+ks 5th gear wheelies easy as cake to a fat kid ����������
Bout 2-3k rpm back off an crack her open an away you go ,too me a few goes after coming of my zx9r
But now up up an away ps DONT GET CAUGHT

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you have to turn of TC to do it?
What do you think? >:D

Of course you have to.
In certain on/off/on (throttle) situation the front wheel will come up quick, but the ECU will quickly (and abruptly) bring it down again with TC on.
In mode 3 it will retard timing/cut the fuel very quickly = no wheelie :)

And this bike is *not* that eager to powerwheelie.
Forget 2nd gear.
Jerking the bike up is *not* powerwheelie.
Powerwheelie is lifting the wheel *just giving throttle* sitting *normal* on the bike accelerating from low revs getting into the powerband.
This bike is geared not to allow that, because Suzuki do not want to many lawsuits for selling a "dangerous bronco bike" :)

Change the sprockets if wheelie is "your thing".
;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
This guy☝ can't be riding it properly.....2gear no wheelie and mode 3 wtf, mode 3 is for snotty weather why you would even try has got me beat ,turn it off it will power stand in 2nd ,start with 1st gear as if you would take off fast from the lights and progress from there ....be careful not to go to far ,Remember baby steps you will get it .

·
Registered
305 Posts
This guy☝ can't be riding it properly.....2gear no wheelie and mode 3 wtf, mode 3 is for snotty weather why you would even try has got me beat ,turn it off it will power stand in 2nd ,start with 1st gear as if you would take off fast from the lights and progress from there ....be careful not to go to far ,Remember baby steps you will get it .
Not sure who you are trying to answer??, but the topic is *power-wheelie* with *stock* gearing!!!
And *power-wheelie* is *not* on-off-on over humps jerking the bars!
TC mode=3 is only for very slippery conditions or for those very afraid to wheelie. :laugh:

I have altered the gearing and it will "power" up in 2nd now, but it sure helps to use the suspension to get it up easily.
I could loose some weight or sit on the fender too. >:D

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm a little surprised that I haven't brought the front tire off of the ground yet. My FZ07 used to bring the front tire up all of the time with 1/2 of the horsepower. Am I just not cranking the throttle open quickly enough? What rpm do you typically see the front lift in 1st and 2nd?
The FZ-07 has way shorter gearing (almost 2x), is about 60 lbs lighter, and has you sitting much more upright (less weight on the front tire). Considering that it makes about 60-65% as much torque as the GSX-S and it makes it all down low, it makes sense.

1st gear on the FZ-07 takes you to 45 mph, GSX-S takes you to 81.
2nd gear on the FZ-07 takes you to 60 mph, GSX-S takes you to 102.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, it'll wheelie but not like I thought it would, I want a nice 4-5 k throttle up wheelie with no dirt bike yanking on the bars, yes, another FZ-07 quote here, I have one also, it wheelies way way easier and cruises the same down the interstate, it is hp limited so it can't "mile an hour" in all the gears like the 1k does but it sure is nice blasting around mtn roads with the fz and being able to loft the wheel over hills in lower gears without the clutch. I thought the bike (gsxs) would be a midrange monster with the engine it has but lean midrange and a long wheelbase kills it, if you want crack throttle wheelies, try an old 99 R1, **** the wheelies... Oh, and to me the gearing is pretty **** low, I couldn't imagine it being any lower, I've had bikes geared to the moon that power wheelied easier.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
The FZ-07 has way shorter gearing (almost 2x), is about 60 lbs lighter, and has you sitting much more upright (less weight on the front tire). Considering that it makes about 60-65% as much torque as the GSX-S and it makes it all down low, it makes sense.

1st gear on the FZ-07 takes you to 45 mph, GSX-S takes you to 81.
2nd gear on the FZ-07 takes you to 60 mph, GSX-S takes you to 102.
My FZ-07 does 52mph in 1st and 68mph in 2nd - that's right at the rev limiter of 10,500rpm in both gears (stock gearing). Not a huge way off of what you said, but its gears aren't as short as you make them seem. Either way, it's a wheelie machine even in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Winter is coming........get used to it. LOL

Man this topic is so played out on this forum, twist the round handle on the right and hold on, it's a GSX-S-1000 of course it'll power wheelie! it ain't no R, but it will wheelie. Twist it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts