GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here got this item fitted? Powerbronze UK International - Cowl
I'm really not happy with the way the Suzuki cowl feels and I want to use the rear seat with the cowl from powerbronze. Just looking to see what the quality and top down look is like.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original rear seat gives you a sort of bum rest and stopped me from moving backwards under hard acceleration, the cowl is low and smooth and I find myself sitting on the front of it sometimes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The original rear seat gives you a sort of bum rest and stopped me from moving backwards under hard acceleration, the cowl is low and smooth and I find myself sitting on the front of it sometimes.

same here i've put the seat back on! waiting for something better, don't really like the power bronze seat much either :(

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The cowl isn't terrible it's just rubbish at high speeds.
@bungle I'm 50/50 on it but £85 is a lot to put down for something I can't see properly. I was thinking of getting the powerbronze as a stop gap then selling it when something better comes out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The cowl isn't terrible it's just rubbish at high speeds.
@bungle I'm 50/50 on it but £85 is a lot to put down for something I can't see properly. I was thinking of getting the powerbronze as a stop gap then selling it when something better comes out.
i put mine back on and the rear pegs as well got a lot of people saying why you got the seat on and no pegs?
might have a look at the NEC bike show this year at the powerbronze cover see how much it is at show price, would look better painted but can't seem to get a paint mix for it! even emailed suzuki but no response :mad:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put my seat back on this morning and have just got back from a 60 mile round trip to the dealers and I'm keeping the seat on. I can't believe how much I was sliding around on the OEM cowl.
I took the strap off the rear seat bungle and it doesn't look too shabby.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I put my seat back on this morning and have just got back from a 60 mile round trip to the dealers and I'm keeping the seat on. I can't believe how much I was sliding around on the OEM cowl.
I took the strap off the rear seat bungle and it doesn't look too shabby.
i wonder what the strap is for?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Im now torn, really like the look of the ermax one but not sure the colours will match, I got a cndy blue one for my 600 and had to have it resprayed as the colour was a mile off.
The Suzuki one looks favourite as the powerbronze on just looks as though it hooks on over the pillion seat again my 600 ermax one done this and wrecked the seat cover.
The suzuki one only comes matt black so it would be a trip to the paint shop but which colour do I paint it, red or sparkle black????????????
aaaaarrrrgggghhhh I need a beer!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been out today and you can feel the rest under hard acceleration but no problems with it.:D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Im now torn, really like the look of the ermax one but not sure the colours will match, I got a cndy blue one for my 600 and had to have it resprayed as the colour was a mile off.
The Suzuki one looks favourite as the powerbronze on just looks as though it hooks on over the pillion seat again my 600 ermax one done this and wrecked the seat cover.
The suzuki one only comes matt black so it would be a trip to the paint shop but which colour do I paint it, red or sparkle black????????????
aaaaarrrrgggghhhh I need a beer!!!
Still can't find the red and was told that having it matched probably wouldn't be close enough. (difficult to match the flake size to give the same level of glint apparently).

I was going to vinyl wrap mine in gloss black until the red was available but the paint shop went ahead and painted it glass sparkle black :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have ordered the Suzuki one. Think I will have it wrapped in Matt carbon film with a view to having other things wrapped over the winter.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Here's my Suzuki seat cowl colour matched in black. Actually looks nicer on than I thought.

I'll take the pillion foot rests off after a decent ride so I know if I'm keeping it like this or not.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts